Literally Speechless

Lori Loud had a lot on her mind as she walked through the halls of Royal Woods High School. It was about an hour after the school day had ended and she was clutching a piece of paper in her hand as she made her way to the classroom where the student council was meeting.

Lori was confident that her ideas would be approved because her new best friend, Carol Pingrey, was the president of the student council and Carol herself was co-captain of the varsity golf team with Lori. 

Lori entered the room, only seeing Carol. And the situation she was in made her gasp. "Carol, what the heck?!"

Carol was seated in a wooden chair that was placed in the middle of the room and was tied to that chair with white ropes around her midsection, pinning her arms to her sides. Her wrists were crossed and tied behind the chair with more ropes and her legs were tied to the chair's legs. 

A single strip of duct tape had been pressed over Carol's mouth and she let out a loud exclamation as Lori entered the room. "Mmmf!" Carol muffled through the tape, squirming lightly in her bondage.

Lori rushed over to Carol, a look of bewilderment on her face. She placed the piece of paper on a nearby desk before reaching over and peeling the tape off her best friend's mouth. "Carol, what happened?"

Lori yanked the tape off Carol's mouth as quickly as she could. Carol winced as the tape was removed. "Sorry," Lori said. "Who tied you up?"

"The rest of the student council!" Carol replied. Lori had a puzzled look on her face but was also curious. "Why would they do this?" Lori asked. "Is this some kind of mutiny?"

"Uh, something like that," Carol said. "We were talking about our plans for the spring festival when they all decided to tie me to this chair! Can you get me out of this?"

"Sure thing," Lori said, walking around the back of the chair to free Carol's wrists. "I'm still confused about why the student council would turn on you. I mean, you're not hurt, are you?" 

Carol shook her head. "They just got tired of hearing my ideas. I don't know why," Lori looked at her friend and could see that instead of being angry or scared, Carol was only annoyed by her predicament. 

Now Lori was even more curious and instead of untying Carol's wrists, she walked back around to face her friend. "What exactly happened?" Lori asked, looking into Carol's eyes. "Well, we were talking about what we wanted to do for the festival and- hey! aren't you going to untie me?" 

"I just wanted to know what led to this, that's all," Lori said. "I was preposing my idea for a carousel and a food truck, as well as a gourmet chef and a fashion show,"

"Leni would love that," Lori thought as she kept looking over her bound friend. "So Chaz wanted a bunch of arcade machines and Maylene wanted a firebreather but those are way too expensive," Carol continued.

"So were anyone's ideas actually good?" Lori asked as a skeptical look started to appear on her face. "I'm starting to see why they got annoyed with Carol" she thought. "Besides mine?" Carol asked. 

"Yes, besides yours?" Lori said with annoyance in her voice. "Err, not really," Carol said, shrugging her shoulders. "Carol, maybe the reason they tied you up is because you wouldn't listen to their ideas," Lori said. 

"Lori, you don't understand!" Carol interrupted. "The spring festival needs to be perfect. We can only use ideas that work,"

"Like yours," Lori said, shooting Carol a glare. "Well, yeah," Carol said. Lori was silent for a few moments. "Carol, can I ask you something?" Lori asked. 

"Sure," Carol said. "Are you ok?" Lori asked. "You're not hurt or anything?"

"Uh, no," Carol said, raising an eyebrow. "You're not worried about the people who did this to you?" Lori continued asking. "Well, I am a bit annoyed that they tied me up but they're my friends. They wouldn't actually hurt me,"