Pendulum

Layla finally woke up after sleeping for a long time, when she did she didn't find the baby on her, so she knew her mom, maymun took her.

As she yawned greatly, and was rubbing my eyes suprisinglt she then noticed a red jewel shining on her wrist, and she was astonished by the jewellery.

She wondered how it got to her hand as she got down from the bed slowly, and she made her way to the lavatory to wash her sleepy face.

She tried so hard to remove it off her wrist while she was in the lavatory, but the hook got stucked and it refused to get off.

She then left to meet maymun, but she was with her husband when she went looking for her, layla and rayhana then sat in the living room watching food network.

She couldn't find seema anywhere, so she asked rayhana about her whereabouts she then told her that she followed hakeem to kano when he came.

"Hakeem was here", she said to myself. Both of them sat there for a long time watching an interesting programme before they decided to go to their various rooms.

It's been long since she opened a book with the intention of reading it, so this night she decided to read for real.

➡️➡️➡️➡️➡️➡️➡️➡️➡️➡️➡️➡️➡️➡️➡️➡️

The next morning Hamida called her very early telling her that they will be having an important test by noon, and she was flabbergasted by the news.

She told maymun about it, and she went back home immediately. When she went home Ammi and Dada were both not at home, but luckily for her she met Baba and told him about the issue.

He bought her a ticket to kano at that instant and she left immediately, upon her arrival she booked a cab at the airport.

She told him her destination and he drove off,  she was  on her way but she kepy feeling worried so she decided to call hamida.

"Have you started the test?" She asked  anxiously, it was noisy on the other side so she couldn't hear her properly neither could she.

She kept trying after that, and she managed to pick when it rang for the fifth time, this time her environment was less noisy.

"So have you started the exams" she  asked again, "what exams layla" she said in a tone layla was trying to understand.

"I was only joking I hope you didn't take it seriously" she added, she honestly felt like strangling her from the other side but the anger she was feeling made her think of unimaginable things.

She hung up the call hitting herphone on the seat, "Please take me to railway estate" she said to the driver feeling betrayed.

The moment she reached home she saw the gates opened, it was as if they were waiting for her or maybe not,  she saw hakeem walking to the car park while seema followed him like a tail.

The domestic helpers then came and helped her with the luggage, just then seema came to her walking like a mop.

"Why are you back so early" she said hugging me, and half of her body was out and layla as lady could see areas which a non maharram was not supposed to see.

"Fear Allah seema" she said with a disappointed voice, she pulled herself away before scanning layla  from top to bottom.

"Layla are perhaps jealous of me and hakeem being so happy together" she said with a plummy voice.

Layla stood there already looking miserable from hamidas betrayal, "Why would i" she said in a wobbly voice.

"I thought as much, now if you would excuse me I've got a Prince to impress" she said that and walked away.