Prologue

"Dawn, Dawn. Wake up, your dad's about to take off." Dawn's mother had gently awoken him. The young fawn had opened his eyes and attempted walking, slipping and tripping over himself due to only being a week old. Dispite this, he and his mother made it and sat down next to Mrs. Kramp, wife to the 7th reindeer Kramp and Dawn's grandfather, Dawner. A snowflake had landed  on Dawn's nose, causing him to sneeze and his nose to glow bright red, like his father. "Look Dawn, your father's right in front." His mother told him, nudging his head towards the direction of his father. He saw his dad, Rouldolph in gear, turning around to see in the others were in check before looking into the crowd and spotting him, nodding, a gesture Dawn returned. The sleigh took off with the onlookers chatting. "That'll be you someday." Dawner told his grandson, looking up at the sky. "His walk is getting  better, though it still needs some work." Dawn's mother exclaimed proudly. "He sure is a sturdy one, he'll be added for training in no time." Mrs. Kramp remarked. The adults continued chatting while Dawn tuned out and kept looking at the sky. Someday, I'll be one them. Dawn thought about what his grandfather had said. He imagined himself, all big and strong flying up there at his father's side, getting even a fraction of the fame his father did. It could happen someday. He told himself. Someday.