III.La Réproduction Interdite

____

René Magritte1937____

René Magritte
1937
____

"ARE YOU SURE YOU HAVE ALL YOU NEED?" Her mother's loud voice across the phone repeated over and over again as she packed her backpack.

"I'm completely sure mom, don't worry." Blanche reassured her as she tied her hair into a tight ponytail, her heartbeat was speeding like crazy with excitement. She could listen to her uncle calling from some distance, she quickly grabbed her phone to mutter her goodbyes. "I gotta go now, mom."

Alice Mallory was shivering with anxiety, that day Blanche would start her studies at the alledged music university, but she couldn't help but feel concerned for her daughter, after all she was so miles away, so distant, and it's been a while since the painter was alone like that.

"Oh, okay..." The bleached blonde nodded trying to force a smile, her face was dirty with some ink, indicating she worked on a new piece. "Make sure to text me when you arrive, all right? Be sure to find the rifht dorm-"

"Mom, I'm 18." Blanche rolled her eyes as she walked through Colin's apartment with her backpack ready. "I know how to read signs and instrcutions."

"You did almost get a bus to Oxford once and-"

"I was 10 when this happened." Blanche chuckled as she put her backpack and baggage inside her uncle's black Toyota. "I promise I'll be safe."

Alice took in a deep breath trying to agree. She just couldn't help the awful feeling she had inside her chest, almost as a bad vision of what could happen, maybe it was the distance, or the town her daughter found herself in, Baltimore always managed to flood Alice's memories in the worst way possible.

"Alice?" Blanche could listen to a distinct male voice behind her mother on the phone.

"Who's that?" Her daughter raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, it's just Ethan." Alice replied not giving much attention to the subject.

"What's Rthan doing there?" Blanche chuckled and gave her mother a smirk. "Don't tell me-"

"Don't get any ideas, he only came here to bring the new package of brushes I ordered." Alice rolled her eyes having enough. "Why do you crave having a stepfather so much?"

"I don't want a stepfather, I want you to be happy." And maybe stop breathing so much on her neck too.

"Well i am perfectly fine on my own." Alice scoffed annoyed.

"So am I." Blanche grinned. "Gotta go, bye mom-"

"Wait!-" Too late, she had already hung up the phone.

While in London, Alice groaned at the cut off line, she cursed softly, wondering what she has done to have such a rebellious daughter.

"Was that Blanche?" Ethan, dressed in an olive green sweather that resembled a bsuh walked in, setting the package aside in Alice's wide studio.