Chapter 19

Posting without rechecking, please bear with the spelling/grammer mistakes
Love from author💫
________________________________

After dinner, everyone retired to their respective rooms, and Rudra headed to the study.

About an hour later, he returned to his room for something and discovered Vaidehi dancing with headphones on. He was visibly shocked, watching her graceful moves. His mouth hung open for a good two minutes. Hastily closing it, he averted his gaze as Vaidehi turned and looked at him, abruptly stopping.

Rudra entered the room, searched for a file, and left after finding it. Vaidehi, still immersed in her music, hummed away, paying no attention to Rudra.

Returning to the study, Rudra sat at his desk, placing the files before him. "Gazab battamiz ladki hai, matlab koi fark padta hai usko... chhod na Rudra, tujhe kaunsa fark padta hai.. huhh," he muttered to himself, resuming his work.

After a couple of hours, he went back to his room to find Vaidehi already asleep. He, too, went to bed after establishing a pillow boundary between them.

The next morning, after their routine, Rudra and Vikram headed to the office.

"Maa, can I go home? I'll be back by evening," Vaidehi asked Sunaina.

"Of course, beta. You don't have to ask for this," her mother-in-law replied with a smile.

"Thank you, maa," Vaidehi said, her face lighting up.

"Take the driver with you now. In the evening, Rudra will pick you up," Sunaina suggested.

"But maa... Will he come?" Vaidehi asked, a hint of uncertainty in her tone.

"I'll ask him, and he can't deny me. You don't worry about that. Just go and get ready," Sunaina reassured her.

"Okay," Vaidehi said and went to her room.

____
"Okay then, we'll meet soon for the next meeting, Mr. Oberoi," Rudra said, concluding his meeting with Mr. Akshat Oberoi.

"Sure, and it's not Mr. Oberoi, you can call me Akshat," Akshat Oberoi replied with a genuine smile.

"Then you also have to call me Rudra instead of Mr. Malhotra," Rudra suggested.

"Deal done. Let's call each other simply Rudra and Akshat," Akshat agreed.

"Yes, okay. Tomorrow's meeting at your office?" Rudra inquired.

"Um, no. I have some personal work. We can shift it to the day after tomorrow if you don't mind?" Akshat proposed.

"Sure, why not," Rudra agreed.

"That's great. See you soon," Akshat said, bidding farewell.

______

As soon as he left, Rudra's phone buzzed, and he picked up, seeing "Maa" on the screen.

"Yes, maa."

"Did I disturb you?" She asked.

"No, maa. Just got free from a meeting," Rudra replied.

"Ohh! Good, beta. I was saying that Vaidehi went to her home."

"Oh wow, she's gone," he replied instantly.

"What?"

"Yes, she's gone, so...?" He corrected himself.

"So, in the evening, you will go to pick her," his mom said in an authoritative tone.

"What's the need? The driver can pick her up, right?" he suggested.

"After the wedding, she went to her home for the first time. How will it feel if the driver goes to pick her up? Just quietly go and pick her up, understand?" she said.

"But maaaa," he whined.

"Rudraa... you are going, and that's it," she said in a stern voice.

"Ohkk," he said and cut the call.
____

In the evening,

"Okay, then we should leave now," Rudra said to his in-laws while standing up from the couch.

"But beta, have dinner before you go," his mother-in-law said.

"No, no, I've had tea, that's okay," he replied.

"Okay then, stay well, beta, and next time come with more time," his father-in-law suggested.

"Yes, definitely," he replied.

Vaidehi hugged her dad, and then her mom, who swiftly said, "I hope you're keeping control over your tongue there."

"Maaa, please yaaarrrr," she whined at her mother.

And both left.

_____
The ride was silent until Vaidehi started the radio, and the song began, "Tu jo rutha to kaun hasega..."

Rudra heard it and changed the station, and another song started, "Shadi karke fas gaya yaar acha khasa tha kunwaraa..."

Vaidehi glared at him for a few seconds and changed the station again. The song started, "Shadi hai arrange humari... story bhi hai strange humari...."

Rudra changed it once more, and "Sabse pehle shadi ki Yaaro jahaa me jisne ki.. usko dhundho, pakdo.. pito galti usne ki..." Played.

Vaidehi changed the station again, and "Mai kya karu hayeee mujhe buddha mil gaya..." Played.

(Note: They were changing radio stations, so songs were playing in bits and pieces.)

Rudra pushed the brake with the clutch to stop the car at a red signal. "What the... you called me buddha?? (old age)," Rudra said, shutting off the radio as soon as the car stopped.

"I didn't. It was just a random song played on the radio," Vaidehi replied, shrugging her shoulders.

Someone knocked on the car door at Rudra's side. A lady asked for money, saying, "Beta, kuch nahi khaya subha se, kuch de do bhagvan k name pe..."
(Son, I haven't eaten anything since morning. Please give something in God's name)

"Jiii," Rudra said, giving her a note of 500rs. "Bhagvan aap dono ki jodi salamat rakhe," she gave blessings.
(May God keep your relationship safe)

"Aree, aap jodi ki kya baat kar rahi hai, iske sath to mera phone bhi salamat nahi hai..." Rudra mumbled while closing the window.
(talking about a relationship? my phone isn't safe with her...)

"Oh god, now stop this... kabse mobile mobile kiye jaa rhe hai, it broke by mistakenly, and that too yours," Vaidehi said, frustrated.
(How long have we been talking about phones?)

"What?? My mistake?" Rudra asked.

"Of course. Who told you to wake up like that?" she replied.

"Wowww, me uth gaya vo bhi ab meri galti hai," he replied, scoffing.
(Wow, I woke up, and now it's my fault)

"To kya meri hai," she said.
(So, is it my fault?)

"If you wanted the phone, then you could have woken me up, but no... tumne karnaa to vahi hai na jo tum chahogi," he said while starting to drive as the signal turned green.
(You will do only what you want)

"Of course, I will do whatever I want to... meri zindgi meri marzi," she said.
(My life, my choice)

"But phone mera tha," he said.
(But the phone was mine)

"Ahh aap na chale shop pe new dilwaye deti hu," Vaidehi said, frustrated.
(Let's go to the shop and I'll get you a new one

"No need, I already bought one," he replied.

"Then shut this topic for God's sake," she almost whined, to which he gave her looks.

"What looks are you giving me now?" she said.

"Mere looks meri marzi," he said.

"Urrghhhhhh," she whined in frustration.

____________
Next chapter after 75+ votes and 25+ comments
Thank you🤍