•18•

Harry and I turned, about to walk away when a voice called out. "Why so tense Potter?" I heard from none other than Draco Malfoy...wait...what in the name of Godric Gryffindor is he doing in a tree? "My father and I have a bet you see," he says, "I think you won't last ten minutes in this tournament," He jumps down from the tree before continuing, "He disagrees. He thinks you won't last five." 

Clearly this was the final straw for harry, as he storms up to Malfoy and gives him a shove while saying, "I don't give a damn what your father thinks, Malfoy." I sigh and start to walk forward to intervene, "Harry-" I get interrupted by harry spitting at Malfoy, "He's vile and cruel...and you're just pathetic." He turns away and starts walking off, when I say Malfoy raise his wand, "Draco what-" but before I can finish my sentence, a spell is shot his way, turning Malfoy into a white ferret. I gasp in shock and look at the culprit. Professor Moody had come out of nowhere, "I'll teach you to turn someone when their back is turned!" The professor scolds. Everyone starts laughing as Malfoy starts panicking, but this isn't right...no matter how wrong a student may be, you should NEVER punish them by transfiguration. It's painful as hell. 

Professor moody walks forwards and starts levitating Malfoy, throwing him around. "You stinking, cowardly, scummy..." I was about to say something to get him to stop when professor McGonagall came to Malfoy's rescue. "Professor Moody! What are you doing?" She question the mildly deranged professor. "Teaching." He replies, with absolutely no care in the world. I watched professor McGonagall as realisation dawned on her face, "Is...Is that a student?!" She questions, growing anger evident in her voice. Moody replies, "Technically, it's a ferret." I roll my eyes at him. He makes Draco go into Goyle's pants, Crabbe quickly coming to his aid as everyone else continues to laugh. When Draco comes out the bottom of Goyle's pants, I quickly take out my wand and transfigures Draco back into himself, to reveal him looking dishevelled. He flies around, sees Moody and starts to back away quickly. "My father will hear about this!" Classic Malfoy, I think to myself. "Is that a threat?!" Professor moody asks, starting to chase after Draco, who had started to run away. The professors rant gets stopped by McGonagall who points her wand at his face, "Alastor! We never use transfiguration as a punishment! Surely Dumbledore told you that?" She asked, probably question her superior's decisions in hiring this maniac. "He might've mentioned it." Moody says, finally showing a bit of shame. Professor McGonagall narrows her eyes at him before saying. "Then you will do well to remember it." She says sternly before turning around and chasing the students away. Alastor pulls a face at McGonagall's back gesturing to Harry to follow him, letting me stay behind.

•••

The day of the first trial, I was sitting in the stands with Fred and George, waiting for it to start. Fred and George were shouting about bets, Fred saying, "Step up, folks! Who fancies a flutter in today's bloodbath?" While George just shouts, "Bets! Place your bets here!" I roll my eyes and pull them both down so they're sitting on either side of me. "Could you two be any more unbothered about this?" I asked them, "This is actually dangerous." I say causing them to looked at each other and shrug before George says, "Oh loosen up a bit y/n! Harry is the boy who lived!" He said and Fred finished his sentence. "He'll be fine!" I sigh when Dumbledore's voice booms through the stands. "May I get your attention please? This is a great day for all of us. Each of the three tasks involve very considerable danger. Please keep your seats at all times. This will minimise any risks you may be exposed to. I'm sure we all wish our champions the greatest of luck." I look at Fred and mutter. "I was always told that Hogwarts is the safest place in the wizarding world, if that's the case I do not want to know what the rest of the world is like." Fred snorts but nods, acknowledging my statement. "I suppose you do have a point y/n/n." 

We all got silenced by the cannon going off Cedric being announced. People start chanting his name and he comes out of the tent. One by one all of the champions go, until only harry is left, and it dawns on me. "Shit." I say to myself, but Fred and George both hear and look over at me. "What's the matter Y/n/n?" George asks. "Harry has to fight the Hungarian Horntail." I say quietly, the tins go silent and turn back to the grounds below as Harry's name is announced. "Three of our champions have each faced their dragons, which means that each of them will proceed to the next task. But now for our fourth and final contestant...Harry Potter." People start chanting his name, but I can't bring myself to do so, my voice constricting in my throat. Harry exits the tunnel, looking lost and confused. The stands go silent as Harry spots the golden egg, he starts clumsily making his way towards it, when suddenly the large, sharp tail of the Hungarian Horntail stabs into the ground next to harry, causing me to jump and grasp Fred's hand, purely of fear for my brother's life. Harry gets thrown around by the dragon, and the dragon shoots a bot of fire at him. I grip Fred's hand harder watching as harry hides behind a boulder, he takes out his wand and shoots a spell that I can't quite hear. A few moments of silence pass, but the I see Harry's broom flying towards him, and he jumps on it. I whoop as he flies away from the dragon and towards the egg, but just before he can reach it, another bolt of fire is shot at him and he is forced to swerve out of the way. 

He flies upwards and the dragon tries to follow him, it's chain stopping it from going very far. But clearly someone underestimated the strength of the Horntail, as he manages to break loose. I gasp and watch as harry exists the stadium with the Horntail close on his tail. They disappear behind the school for ten minutes at best, my heart beating wildly as I watch the direction they left in. "Come on Harry." I whisper, still gripping on to Fred's hand. After a while harry emerged, his broom smoking behind him, but no dragon following him anymore. We all flew up and started cheering as harry flew down and grabbed the egg, holding it high above his head.
I knew you could do it.

•••

A/N: 1150 words. That's the first task done! Let me know what you think. Thank you all so much for reading and supporting my book. Please consider voting and feel free to comment.

~Gem💕