Chapter 1

It's been a month since I've talked with the mysterious god, and a month since I've reincarnated into this world. When I came I found myself alone, in a broken carriage. There were corpses of guards around me, but I tried my best to ignore them. The first thing I did was hide away deep in a forest to try and figure out what are those powers that he mentioned. I hoped it would be something minor, but useful, something unique and niche... No.

It was a full set of standard but op powers.

As soon as I realized this I cringed. I had super speed, strength, flight... I could throw fireballs and cause inferno. I could do so many different things that it was simply ridiculous. The parts of the forest where I tested it out... Basically didn't exist anymore.

I didn't want that. I did not want that power. And so I searched and searched, but for a long time I couldn't find anything niche to focus on. I couldn't be a poison master, and I couldn't talk to animals. I couldn't influence plants or weave magic like he did. That made me saddest, because it looked very cool. But then, finally I found it.

He probably added it as an afterthought. All of my other abilities were purely offensive, with great explosive energy or overwhelming power, but among them was a weak little power... Of healing. He probably gave me it so that I could heal myself if I ever got hurt. Or so that I could heal others. It was very weak. It made sense, I suppose. After all the cape that he gave me really did protect me from everything. I only managed to find out about it because I wanted to see if I am immune to poison and it helped me. It wasn't strong enough to heal me right away, but it lessened the damage and after a few days of rest I was okay again.

I considered building up poison resistance to lessen this Achilles Heel of mine, but in the end I decided against it. After all, poison really tastes terrible.

***

After a month I finally decided to leave the forest. It took me two weeks traversing through thick foliage and as a result, my clothes ended up ripped to shreds. Unfortunately, because of that I had to figure out how to prepare animal skin and make clothing out of it. I chose the fluffiest animal I could find and worked on it's skin. I destroyed much of it, but luckily it was a big animal, and I had enough skin to finally make a set of clothes.

Now, dressed in animal skin and a golden cape, carrying a bag of meat, I entered the town.

...on second thought I didn't really think it through.

I hanged my head down, hiding it in the cape's hood, as the stares followed me. Of course I attracted attention. I was wearing an outfit made of one of the biggest animals in the forest and a golden, spotless cape. I must look so weird and interesting to those people. I hurried to a meat shop and closed the door behind me as fact as I could, hiding from the curious eyes. I breathed a sigh of relief.

When I dared to raise my head and look around I saw a modest shop decorated with animal horns. There was no meat around. I looked to the shopkeeper. It was a middle-aged, burly man with a thick beard and long, red hair tied in a single braid. He was already staring at me with poorly disguised wonder, and I cleared my throat.

"Um... Excuse me... I'd like to sell some meat?" I said uncertainly, accidentally making it sound like a question.

He nodded and shook his head, snapping back to reality.

"I'm the one selling meat here, lady"

"I know, I know... But I have a lot of meat, I have no idea what to do with it and I need coin. So I could sell it to you and then you can sell it for more... I assume you have a way to store the meat so that it doesn't spoil... And I don't."