Prologue

A firm grip on my shoulders.

“Haneul, we're here. Wake up.” A soft voice called out.

I frowned, shrugging the hand off. She must have mistaken me for someone el-

Wait.

I had gone to sleep in my bed. So why was my body uncomfortably upright?

My eyes snapped open. What greeted me was trees dimly illuminated by the streetlight, and an unfamiliar face in the reflection. Instantly, all sleepiness vanished as my body stiffened, chills running down my spine.

I jerked away from the window, and watched as the vague, unfamilar reflection did the same, fading out of sight. A dawning horror crawled over me, settling itself with no intention of leaving.

“You're up! Let's go, we're the only ones left.”

Standing in the aisle of the bus, a youthful female clad in a school uniform smiled. Baek Eunha, her nametag read.

At her terribly terribly familiar face, my stomach plunged. Aside from the fact that I could understand Korean all of a sudden, her pretty face was one I had just watched through a screen the night before. The smiling visage turned bloodied, eyes covered in white as her life ended unjustly accused.

As I looked down at my body, one thing was for sure.

I had entered the drama I was watching, one filled with selfish liars and murderers masked under innocent expressions.