Broken Lies

I don't know how long it took me to trust again,but I tried my best. It was almost the end of the summer break, I was kind of excited to go back to school, so that I can actually forget everything, even so I knew this year is going to be harder and if  I don't get myself together, I'm going to fail, which would make my parents furious and do things I don't wish to happen at all. I believed in myself though, no matter how hard it is going to be, I will face everything and get through the year.

It was on a Thursday morning, I came home from the grocery store, when I saw a notification on my phone. I was hesitating whether I should open or not, but at the end I decided to open snapchat and I saw that the guy, I added back days ago, texted me something. I was still hesitant about it. I couldn't really decide whether I should start everything over again, I mean trusting that it could actually turn out well or not. I was thinking for a while and I eventually embraced myself to do it, I was really scared, but I did and to be honest the message surprised me.

'Hi, I'm Arjun, nice to meet you! I hope we can be great friends!' - he said.

'Hey, nice to meet you too. I hope the same way, by this time I have gone through so many bullshit and if this goes wrong, I'm forever giving up on trying to get friends.'- I replied with the message.

'I understand your worries, I really this generation is fucked up. Friendships and even relationships are fake. People leave behind everything they had, they forget all the good things that has happened to them. They don't appreciate anything anymore and it's just so sad. I wish people would change, I still believe in change though. I have been there too, I have been used, cheated, bullied and my situation is not the best neither. I don't have such a great relationship with my family, so yeah, I understand you, but I promise that I'm not like others, you can trust in me. I will show that kindness still exists in this generation.'-he replied.

I was speechless and lost for words, it seemed that finally someone understood me, felt the way I did, thought like me, in addition the person was kind too. I couldn't believe in my eyes nor what i just read. It seemed impossible, after all that has happened, something good is happening to me?

'Where are you from?' -I asked.

'From India.'-he replied.

'Oh that's really far away from here.'- I said.

'I don't know where you live, but I suppose yes, anyways you can tell me anything, whenever you feel comfortable saying so.' - he replied.

My heart felt so much happiness at that moment, I thought finally I found the one with whom I could be best friends with. We started talking to each other every day, nonstop, even if the time difference between us was 3h 30min. We tried to keep each other updated every day, so that we can actually make our friendship bond stronger than ever, but then something unexpected happens. I have to mention that, he has got school, so he would has to get up early to get there.

It was an ordinary day, at least that's what I thought. I would get up and check on my phone, but there was no message, he would wish me good morning every day at 3 a.m., that would be 6:30 a.m. in his time, but today I got none, so I started to worry. 'What happened to him?' 'Is he alright?'. I tried to wait patiently until I get a response. A lot of hours passed by and finally I got a message from him after worrying for the whole day, still I was hesitating to open the chat, I didn't know what to expect now. I was just scared and worried whether he was doing fine or not. I waited for like 10 minutes and after that I decided to open it. As I was reading it, I started feeling pain and felt so sorry for him, it was unacceptable what has happened ad I kinda wish I could have helped him, but I failed as a friend again. In the message stood things that a normal person could never imagine that could ever happen to a teenage boy.