Pt 2: What Are You?

I smile sadly. "That was a dumb way to die, huh?" I scoff. "Go figure! Why do I have the stupid death!" I say, standing up and shouting to the ceiling. Hyunjin stares at me, still trying to process the idea of me being here and him being able to see and hear me. "You know..." I say, looking at him. "It's strange that you can actually see and hear me. No one else seemed to be able to." His brows furrow. "Am I high?" He asks himself. I giggle. "Nope! I'm ACTUALLY here!" He watches me skeptically. "…Can you touch me?"
I blink. "I'm honestly not quite sure if I can touch you..." I step forward and tap his hand, only for my finger to go right through. Hyunjin felt an ice-cold chill go through his hand, and he grimaced. Noticing his discomfort, I wipe my hand back. "Sorry!" I say, looking apologetic. "I didn't know that would happen!" Hyunjin takes a step back, eyes widening. He shakes his head. “…I…I don't want this to be real. I just…." He looks at me, pain flashing in his eyes. “…Please…” His croaks, the desperation in his voice betraying him. I look down sadly. "Believe me, I don't want to be dead either..." I sigh. Then I jolt up. "wait... This means you are jobless now! Oh noooo! Why was I so clumsy? Ahhhh!" I say, slapping myself. Hyunjin takes another step back, and he trips on the floor, falling onto his butt with a thud. “…Renee…please…” His voice is barely a whisper, his hand over his mouth. He shakes his head. "…Please be a dream. Please….” I look over at him, and he squints his eyes shut. Suddenly, I realized this might be overwhelming. "Ah... Maybe I should come back later? I'll do that." I say, slowly vanishing.
Hyunjin stands up, reaching out to grab me. "…No! Renee, please! Wait..." I stop and turn around, reappearing visible to him. "I never left. I just made myself invisible to you." "…You can do that?" He asks, voice laced with surprise and confusion. I let out a small giggle. "I'm a ghost! Of course, I can do that!" "Oh. Right." Hyunjin awkwardly chuckles, his ears slowly turning red in embarrassment. I kick a book, expecting my foot to go through it. The book flies to the other side of the room, and I stare at it surprised. "Well, I guess I can still kick stuff!" I say, laughing. Hyunjin stares blankly at the book I just kicked, his eyes slowly widening. "W-Woah….Does this mean you can move objects then?" He queries, looking up at me. "I guess?" I shrug. "Heck, if I know! I just became a ghost!" Hyunjin smirks. "Alright, alright, I get it." He tilts his head. "So...you can move objects but can't touch me...is that how it is?" I sigh and look at him. "I guess???" I say, shrugging. "Wait!" I say, suddenly, looking mischievous. "I gotta see if I can do this!" I say, walking up to a wall.
Taking a step forward, I walk through the wall and then come back into the room again through the wall. "Heck yeah! This is epic!" I laugh. "Imagine all the eavesdropping I could do now!!!" I say, laughing manically in a joking manner. Hyunjin watches, both amused and unnerved. "Eavesdropping? What are you planning to eavesdrop on?" He looks at me suspiciously. "I don't know. Anything, I guess!" I giggle, looking over at Hyunjin. "Speaking of which, are you going to my funeral tomorrow?" I laugh, shaking my head. "Man, that sounds weird!" Hyunjin laughs, shell-shocked. After a moment, he nods slowly. "Yes. I will be coming." His eyes start to tear up.
"Your funeral…I… I'm sorry…" My eyes widen in a slight trepidation. "Shoot! My bad! Hey, don't cry!" I look at him teasingly. "I'm gonna haunt you for a good long while..." I giggle. He gives me a look. "You better not cause too much trouble, though." He says, eyes glimmering. I look at him playfully. "We will see... You never know..." I laugh. "Are you going to haunt other people as well?" He questions. I shrug. "I don't really have anyone else to haunt. I wasn't able to socialize much." I look at him again teasingly. "You're stuck with me!" He looks at me with mock worry. "How long am I going to be stuck with you? Forever?" I cackle. "Geez! I didn't know you didn't like me that much!" I say, faking a pout. "If you want me to go away, then FINE! I'll go!" I say, slowly walking to the nearest wall. "Renee! No! I was just kidding!" He says, crowing.
I walk back to him, giggling. I pick up another book just to see if I can. To my surprise, I was able to pick up the book. "Haha!" I exclaim, very easily entertained. "You know, I have a question." He pipes up. I look at him, eyebrows raised. "Yeah?" "Are you able to read?" I snort. Of course, I can read! I'm not stupid!" I say, giggling. "I don't really feel like reading this one, honestly..." I look around, suddenly confused. "Why is my room so messy?" I say, putting the book on my small bookshelf. Hyunjin takes a look around my room. "Your right. Why is your room a mess? Do you not like to clean your room or something?" I scowl. "The EMTs must have made a ruckus. My room is usually very tidy." I say, picking up books and putting them on the bookshelf. "You know, I'm gonna miss eating food," I say, suddenly sad. Hyunjin looks at me somberly. "Ah.. are you hungry?" I shake my head. "No, I'm not hungry. I don't think I CAN feel hungry!"
I sigh, picking up some of my pens and putting them where they belong. "I've just always enjoyed eating... It was one of my favorite things to do!" I say, letting out a bitter chuckle. "Right, I can understand that. Food is one of the best parts about living, after all." He smiles at me, then thinks of something. "If you don't mind, what was your favorite food?" I smile back. "I had a lot of favorites... The moment before I tripped out the window, I was craving tteokbokki!" I say, laughing. Hyunjin wheezes. "TTEOKBOKKI?!" I grin. "Yeah!" "I LOVE that stuff!" Hyunjin exclaims. I smile, grab some sketchbooks, and put them in my drawer. I sigh. "I might as well get rid of these," I say, looking at the sketchbooks. Hyunjin's brows furrow. "Your sketchbooks? Why?"

______________________________________

Note:

This chapter was a little shorter than the last one lol. The next one should be longer, I promise!