• chapter one •

Abigail didn't wanna be late to the first day of work. Her roommate was the root cause of her being late. She should've been on the 10 a.m. bus but here she was, listening to the banter of her roommate.

"Why don't you wear your grandma's clothes? That would be so cool!" Sherry switched to her sarcastic mode.

"This is mine!" Abigail said defensively.

The matter was nothing, really. Abigail had worn a beige jumpsuit with a white shirt tucked inside. And Sherry was judging her. She didn't care about her clothes. All she cared about was being decent and presentable and obviously, being on time.

Sherry huffed. "Listen, babe, you need to wear something statement! You're going to be the makeup artist of Alicia Majors! Dude, she's a Supermodel!"

Sherry had a point.

"Okay." She receded. "You choose."

Sherry marched to their shared closet and pulled out a dress from her side. "You wear my clothes today!"

Abigail stared at the dress being the centre of attention. It was a blushed pink shade. The dress was long and a-line. There was a side slit that showed her legs too much. The neck was V-shaped and her cleavage was visible only slightly.

"I have to wear this?" She put force in the word 'have' to demonstrate how much she would be relieved if she didn't have to wear that.

"You absolutely have to."

Sherry was one headstrong woman. She was a redhead. Her hair was like orangish red and it was a hundred percent natural. She was a sports psychologist and had worked with many athletes. She was the same age as hers; twenty four.

When Abigail had moved to L.A. three months ago from her small hometown of Kernville, she had found this rented apartment on share and that's how she had met Sherry, her roommate. Sherry had been a great support and had helped her when she had no job.

Abigail remembered the first three months. She had no job, no money to eat properly, even. No one was willing to hire her as she was a fresher. However, her luck had kicked when some agency had contacted her and asked for her portfolio.

Her portfolio didn't consist of feats of achivements. It was a simple Kernville portfolio. She had done make-up and makeovers for many brides, also for the students of Kernville public college for their annual day, and most importantly, there was a tv-star who lived there. She had done her make-up too.

She still had no clue why Alicia Majors chose her when she could have practically...anyone.

Sherry dragged her back to her room. "Come on, stop your overthinking spree! Get dressed!"

It took for about ten more minutes to dress according to Sherry and hop onto the bus. The supermodel's house was close to the downtown bus stop. It took her twenty minutes to reach there and by the time, she could locate the house, she was standing in front of it, awestruck.

It wasn't a house. It was a damn mansion. It was two-storey, full beige in colour with proper lighting, exquisite windows and wooden doors. There was an attached garage where a BMW would surely be standing.

She knocked on the door. Shortly, it was opened by a staff. "Hi, I'm here to meet with Ms. Majors."

The lady nodded her head and ushered her in. "Please be seated. Ma'am is coming down, shortly."

The door remained wide open and the staff just went into the kitchen. Abigail sat on the sofa as she was instructed, her eyes poignantly set on the floor.