Chapter 45

AN: This chapter was edited/change due to inappropriate scene that causes confusion of the readers.

Laura Pov

I was currently on this big event where Ceo and co-enterprenuers attended the event. Hindi naman talaga required na pumunta if you're not invited, its optional only but since I received an email na kailangan ang presence ko, I didn't hesitate to decline the invitation.

I was talking with some co-ceo here, some are familiar and some are not. Nagmula pa sila sa ibang bansa based on their features.

While talking, the soft glow of the chandeliers above casting an ethereal light, I caught sight of Nathalie across the room. She stood beside her father, Mr. Clenton, her laughter tinkling like music in the air. My heart skipped a beat at the sight of her, and I couldn't help but smile.

"If you mind, can you excuse me first? I have an important someone to approach with." I said to them. Hindi naman sila humindi and let me leave.

Taking a deep breath to steady my nerves, I made my way through the throng of people, the hum of conversation growing louder with each step.

Finally reaching Aya's side, I was greeted with her radiant sweet smile, and all my worries melted away.

I thought Mr. Clenton is not invited.

"Tita!" Nathalie exclaimed, her voice filled with genuine delight as she pulled me and gave me a warm hug. "Akala ko kami lang ni Daddy ang nandito. Hindi pa sana ako papayag na sumama." Malawak ang kaniyang ngiti saakin.

Returning the hug, I replied, "I wanted to surprise you. And I couldn't miss an opportunity to attend such a prestigious event. I'm glad na nandito ka rin."

Mr. Clenton, standing beside Nathalie, extended his hand with a friendly smile. "It's a pleasure to see you here, Laura. Buti naman at nandito ka, kanina pa to nakasimangot sa sasakyan."

Sinungitan siya ng kaniyang anak sabay hampas sa gilid nito.

"Daddy, h-hindi kaya. Nairita lang ako kanina kay Olivia." She reason out.

"So what does that kid did to my baby, hmm?" I simply touched her cheek and make her face me.

Kita sa kaniyang mukha ang pamumula ng kaniyang pisnge, a simple sweet talk of mine makes her red like this.

"Hayys! Mamaya na muna ang landian, we're still on the event." Her father said at tinulak pa ako ng marahan.

Ngumiti ako ng malawak, seeing this side of her really makes me special. Kanina lang nakasimangot pero ngayon, malawak na ang ngiti dahil narito rin ako.

We actually didn't see each other yesterday dahil binilin ko siya sa kaniyang Ama as I notice na pagod narin siyang sumasama saakin dahil kada oras nalang aalis.

"Can I take her first, Sir?" I politely asked her father. Siniko ako sa may gilid ng katabi ko.

"Ito ba Aya? Ito ba yung magiging ina ng magiging apo?" Kumunot ang noo ni Mr. Clenton at pinag-cross ang mga kamay.

"Bakit Dad?"

"Wala lang, pero sigurado kana ba?"

Aba't talagang sinusubukan ako ng asungot nato. Hindi naman magkalayo ang edad namin, talagang masampal ko to left to right.

"Hindi PA naman po kami." Talagang diniin niya ang 'pa', so she's planning hm?

Well, talagang mawawala na yang 'PA' nayan mamaya.

"Okay then!" He said and clapped. Bago paman ito umalis, bumulong muna ito saakin. "Don't ever hurt my daughter, Laura. Nababasa ko yang nasa isip mo." Mariin ang bawat bigkas niya sa mga salitang ibinulong niya saakin.