Painters Pity #405

Y/N POV:

I sat silently, teetering on the rooftop edge of my apartment complex.

I'd never actually jump, In fact, it rather scared me in a way.

I mean.. how would it feel? Back crushed against the concrete?

I've always been... fascinated by death. There is just something about it that was so interesting to me.

my train of thought was cut short as I heard police sirens race through the streets under me. I wasn't technically trespassing but I still felt a sliver of un-needed guilt. Even if I was trespassing, the cops seemed to have a bigger target than some random on a roof.

My eyes traced along the road, looking for anything they could be chasing after when they suddenly fell on him. He was a kinda geeky looking guy, doesn't look capable of stealing anything so why on earth was he running from 2 police cars?

I watched in amazement at his easily traverses up the fire escape, pipe and brick connected to the side of the building until he was only a mere 2 roofs away from me.

at this point, I wasn't getting my thought process back any time soon and had half and hour still left on my break. I started to run after him. what did I have to loose?

I slid under a few vent outcrops until I came to a jump across buildings. I cleared it with ease before continuing into a sprint. I almost tripped a few times when coming to dents attached to the roof but prevailed in the end.

By now, this random guy was aware I was chasing him and began to run faster. I don't blame him, to be fair if there was a stranger just running after you as your trying to loose the feds, you would probably pull a runner as well.

I was right on his tail now, a few meters away at least. Suddenly, I watched as he met the edge of yet another building. This jump was not as simple as the last. There was as least 6 feet between the two structures. He would never make it and I was sure he knew that too.

suddenly, he turned toward me for the first time. A narcissistic smug plastered across his face. As we made eye contact, he suddenly jump backward, pin dropping down the alley way.

I rushed toward the edge. Looking down, something wasn't right. He was gone.

~

CHARLIE POV:

I wipe away the sweat bedding on my forehead, close call. I didn't think today would be the day I would have to use invisibility but, Y'know, life goes on.

I got a good look at Y/n today. Just as perfect as always.

I loved that in every universe their outfit would change, always based on the scenario I chose. They seem to be some kind of artist this time around, I noticed they had quite a bit of paint stained on their clothing.

if they are into art, maybe I could do some kinda of graffiti? that may peek their interest. Only one way to know.

~

Y/N POV:

It feels like my break was so much shorter than it really was. Could be that I spent a lot of it chasing that dude. I can think about that later, I had a mural to paint now.

A couple months back, I was caught spray painting on council property. not my proudest moment but, hey! it landed me a job as a "city muralist". The judge took a bit of pity on me in the end. My job is to brighten up certain areas of the city with beautiful murals.

what I was mainly hired to do just fill up wall space with anything I felt would look good in that area, but today was different. I was hired specifically by the city council to paint on a certain building that you seen as you're entering town.

Id already done the rough sketch. The whole Idea of the commission was that I would paint on the city name with what ever I wanted for the backdrop. It was one of the more boring commission but, what ever gets me paid I'm happy to do.

~

eventually, it was time to call it a night. Un-like most people in my city, I don't own a car because there really isn't any use for it in such busy and bustling area, you can just walk everywhere.

What I usually do, is make my way home over roof tops. Its anything but practical but it beats afternoon foot traffic + its probably faster than walking home. There also isn't any worry of having to jump between the buildings since they were so compact. so it not like it was un-safe.

After only a few minutes, id already reach my building. Like I said, quicker than walking on the paths. I went to un-lock the rooftop door when I heard a odd sound.

I cautiously walked behind the air-vent outcrop in which the noise was coming. I was met with the same guy I had seen just earlier that day, grafiiting the building.

"HEY! Its you! from earlier!" I yelled at the tress-passer.

I seemed to startle him because he dropped the blue can of spray paint he was holding in his hand.

"Jesus. You can't sneak up on a guy like that, love." He announced defensively, putting his hands up.

"so what? your a graffiti artist? What are you? some hipster?" I said in a snarky yet sarcastic tone.

"I know for a fact you used to be one of us."

That caught me off guard quite a bit.

"so what, you know who I am?" I tried to keep my closure.

"Y/n L/n, apartment 4C."

I began to internally panic (at the disco). I wasn't quite sure how to react to that.

I began to back away from him, fear trembling through my legs as they struggled to keep me still.

"don't be scared Y/n, Im Charlie. Im not a stalker or anything. I just know Everything about you."

He took steps closer to me. The closer he got the more facial details I noticed. His incredibly messy hair, a deranged look in his eye, a strange blue stain around his lips and irises, practically dripping out of his tear ducts.

My breathing became rapid as I tried to stabilise myself while still trying to get as far away from this creep as possible.

That was until I miss-stepped.

His hand grabbed for mine, our fingertips brushed but he was too late. I was already falling.

My ears rung, wind flew, echoing through my hair, my eyes blurry with tears.

I could only see This weirdo's face.

He stood there, on the edge of that building. Hands grappled onto the side so harshly his knuckles turned whited.

Tears cascaded down his face as his sobs echoed through my ringing ears.

*Splat.*

Time lived after meeting Charlie: 5 1/2 hours.

cause of death: Falling off building.

Attempt: #405

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

HEY BINKERS!!

BINKY MAKES 2 ONE-SHOTS IN 2 DAYS?!?! HAS SHE LOST HER DAMN MIND?!!? yes.

OH ALSO IVE BEEN WORKING ON THIS ONE SINCE LIKE HALF WAY THROUGH SUFFER CAMP LMAO

HOPE YOU ENJOY EVEN THOUGH I THINK ITS KIND OF SHIT

LOVE YOU GUYS!

- Binky_banks

Words: 1234