The Truth

Cynder's P.O.V

My head was pounding. My eyes were heavy. But I opened them anyway. I was in a cave. The cave. But how did I get here? When I passed out outside of the cave entrance I... I thought I was going to die. "You finally woke up." Winger said from behind me. I spun around, startled at first. "Oh, uh, hey Winger. Can I... ask what happened?" I said. He nodded. "Well, I escaped from the multicolored dragon but I had to drag you by the tail in order to get you to come with me. You were hypnotized by something on the island, but I didn't know what it was. I tried to snap you out of it but nothing I tried worked. You ended up passing out soon after we got into this cave." Winger explained. "Winger... you also said something before I passed out." He immediately turned red. "Oh, um, what did I say?" He asked. "You said... that you loved me?" I told him. He looked down and stared at the floor. "Oh, uh, well... I didn't mean... I didn't mean it like that, I-it's not what you're thinking." He tried to cover up. "W-What?!" Did he just?! He immediately realized what he said and turned bright red. I looked down at my feet as I pondered on what I should do. I wanted to tell Winger how I feel about him but I was too afraid of being rejected. But I would never know if I didn't try, so I took a deep breath and prepared to tell him. Guts and glory... courage will give you wings to fly... conquer the fear, grab the chance! You can do this, Cynder! Seize the day!... or night." I mumbled to myself, taking a few deep breaths. "I can do this!" I spoke, feeling much more confident. And with that encouraging pep talk to myself, I took a deep breath and spoke the words that I had spoken once before. "Winger... I... I love you." I told him. But what would he say this time? Would he say yess and then we can finally kiss? Woah! Hold on! He needs to answer first before I get my hopes up again. So it was with bated breath that I nervously awaited Winger's reply. "Winger. Be honest." I said. He looked down and avoided my gaze. "Wing, just tell me." He covered his face with his claws. "Well... I uh... I...I love you the same way." He eventually said while blushing and staring down at his feet. I blinked once, then twice, then a third time. Did he just say what I think he said?! Just to be sure I asked "R-Really? You really love me?" I asked him with a hopeful smile forming on my face. He nodded his head and unable to stop myself, I leaned forward and kissed him on the lips. He froze for about a half a second, but then he kissed me back. Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Winger loves me back! This is the best day of my life! I cheered in my mind as I wrapped my wings around Winger and we kissed again. The kiss lasted for about 2 minutes before we had to break apart to catch our breath. "I love you so much, Winger." I whispered as I leaned my head on his shoulder. Winger blushed and patted me on the head. "I love you too, Cynder." He said. And this time, he really means it and that made my heart flutter with happiness as I curled my tail with Winger's own. Then a mischievous grin slowly formed on my face as I looked at Winger. "Hay, you wanna do something fun?" I asked him. "Like what, Cyn?" He replied back. I just grinned and got closer to his face.

Winger's P.O.V

I had done it, I had finally done it. I told Cynder how I felt about her and she feels the same way. This day is by far the best day of my life. But there was still one little problem, we're stuck in a cave far from home with no way out. I didn't have any ideas of how we would escape, but apparently, Cynder had one. "Why don't you megablast the entrance open?" She suggested. I thought about it for a moment before nodding my head in agreement. I crouched down and lowered my jaw. I felt the megablast forming in my throat. It was now or never. I shot the blast out of my mouth. It hit the nearest rock, blowing it to pebbles. And to our joyous delight, a stream of sunlight was peeking through the giant hole. "Yes! We did it! Winger, we really did it!" Cynder shouted in excitement. I smiled warmly and wrapped my wings around her in a hug. "Now all we gotta do is find our way back to megablast island." I said after a short pause. "Yeah, you're right." Cynder replied back. "But how will we know how to get there?" She asked me with a puzzled look on her face. I sighed softly and looked down at my feet in thought. "Hmm, I don't really know, but we'll find a way back home, I know we will." I told her with a reassuring smile on my face. Cynder looked thoughtful. "Ok then, let's keep going." I nodded my head and we started making our way through the maze of tunnels once again.

Aggro's P.O.V

I sighed and paced outside of the cave where Cynder and Winger were trapped. How in StarClan's name are we going to get them out of there? "Ugh! I hate this!" I muttered under my breath as I glared holes into the cave wall where the entrance should have been. "Ugh! Hay, Aggro, can you please stop pacing? You're gonna give us all a headache if you don't stop." Burn said with an exasperated roll of her black eyes. "Sorry, Burn. I just can't help it." I said with a soft sigh and a shake of my wings. "Worried about Cynder and Winger?" Summer asked. I slowly nodded and stared down at my feet. "Yeah, I'm worried about them. How long have they been in there? And how in the name of StarClan are we gonna get them out." I sighed again and sat down beside Summer in the sand. "Do you think they will be stuck in there forever?" The water dragon asked me with a sad look in her eyes. I frowned and closed my eyes. I had no more ideas. "Maybe we could ask Magnus for help?" Burple tentatively asked. Summer and I shook our heads rapidly in response to his suggestion. "No way! Absolutely not!" I hissed, narrowing my eyes and lashing my tail. "But Aggro, think about it. What other choice do we have?" Burn pointed out with a flick of her spiked tail. I sighed and glared down at my feet. "Alright fine! We can ask Magnus for help. But I don't think he'll want to help us." I grumbled under my breath as we unfurled our wings and took off in the direction of home.