Chapter 1

In a town called Mirfield, a crowd of people were in the Shouting Grotto Inn, the lighting was very dim and mostly came from the candles placed on every table. Every person in that Inn belonged to the Blackguard guild.

As always, Guerrans, a quite tall blond ranger, can be found near the barkeep drinking his grape juice. He might not be that close to his brother but he still goes to his meetings with the guild, also to get away from the castle walls. Emmerson, a huge barbarian with brows that cover his eyes and who is the barkeep of this tavern, points to a table and asks Guerrans if he could bring it to the table over there. Guerrans brought the plate to the tiefling and made a littles small talk with the green tiefling that was waiting for something or someone. When he got back, Emmerson was gone.

A red rogue tiefling with purple hair soon arrives at the Shouting Grotto at the time that the letter she found on her desk said. She scans the room a little before perceiving a green tiefling, Thexus, through the crowds. Guerrans had just left a plate of Gurdats and Cheese. (Fried mushroom with a cheese sauce to dip in).

"Hey Kalsolis, have you seen Kallia?"Asked Thexus.

"No, I thought she was with you." responded Kalsolis.

A small aasimar bard with yellow skin and medium length brown hair met up with Emmerson, in the back of the tavern. Emmerson had asked him to play music in the background since the last troop left without warning. He sits down on the counter next to Guerrans who has his head down and is surrounded by empty bottles of grape juice and plays away while everybody is having a good time.

"Hey yellow boy, play the new song from Flowstar." shouted Thexus.

"My name is Caspien." retorted the aasimar before playing another song.

Emerson had asked Hozan, a wild magic sorceress raccoon shifter with black and white hair, to bring deliveries around the town. Once she finished she arrived at the tavern and made her way through the crowd. People would go out of their way to not be close to her. Whispers of the wild witch spread like wildfire around the town. She ends up next to a blond boy and a brown haired boy, Guerrans and Caspien.

They all notice a girl awkwardly making her way avoiding eye contact and sitting behind Kalsolis's table. A man stands up on the counter, his head is high and filled with determination, Horace said:

"For tonight's exploration, we will map out the dungeons once more and try to find that crystal. Another team said they saw a hive-city built by Formians and if we go through it, we will find a new, unexplored tunnel. So when I call out your name, please form a small group in front of me."

"Harrison Hawkons", as the name was said, a tall muscly man emerged from the crowd, people clammore. "Kallia", everybody looked around and worried whispers started traveling throughout until she dropped from the ceiling. "Lee Estrella", a small and skinny man joins the group, the heir to the throne. "Amanda and Ruby Pecks", two identical twins walk up, one had a bow and arrow and the other had a bear sigil on her hand.Before Horace could finish, Lee cut him and added: "I'm also adding a new group that my little bro will direct.­" He picks up and side hugs Guerrans before continuing:

"This includes Kalsolis, Hozan, my brother Guerrans and..." He looks around before pointing Caspien. "You there." He says while pointing at Caspien. You four will take care of the quests our town added to the quest board. That is it for this meeting.."

But before he could finish, a green hooded girl bangs the table behind Kalsolis's, the same awkward girl they had seen stumble through the door. "I've waited 5 years to be named", rage fills her voice as she removes her hood revealing her dark brown eyes and coiled hair. "All I want is to be drafted, please give me a chance. You literally just chose a bard over me." She points at Caspien. The leader looks at her and says : " You are more useful here as our blacksmith, Echo. Remember your place and your job. Everybody is happy with their roles. Why can't you be?" The girl looks around a little with eyes silently asking for help, for support, but when nobody says a word, she storms out of the door.