...

𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐢 𝐏𝐨𝐯
𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐲
𝟏:𝟎𝟓 𝐚.𝐦.
________________________________

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐎𝐟 𝐀 𝐃𝟏 𝐀𝐭𝐡𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐞 is sometimes fun but hard. Usually I'd get up at 4 am to go and do some 1,000 break downs, go back to sleep, and later on practice after school. You might think that that's not hard at all but try it everyday for a week, and see how that turn out.

But that's not the only thing though. You have to maintain good grades and a good reputation for yourself. You see, where I'm from if you're popular like me, one wrong mistake and everything's gone. I honestly can't count the amount of D1 athletes who threw their lives away over some bs.

And then when it happens you be like, damnnn this nigga really threw his life away over some stupid shit. So you really have to take things like that and learn from them, because it helps you learn what not to do. I know some people who have lost their scholarships over some simple shit that you never thought they would've got in trouble for.

The most popular ways of how peoples futures get ruined is because of the street life, relationships, and mess. Even though I try to stay away from the mess, it always somehow makes its way around to me. It isn't much mess though since I'm damn near cool with everybody in the fucking school.

But..it's always that one person who just pisses you off so much that you just loose your marbles. But I'll talk more about them later. So in the meantime let me tell you some things about myself.

I know you're probably wondering, "what the hell could Ethan Reyes possibly be good at?" And my answer to that is...track. Now I know to some people that I might not seem like the type of person to be able to run really fast, but with the right school and the right type of coaching, I'm fine.

Right now I'm the fastest on my team, and the fastest in the nation. I may even be able to go straight to the Olympics in the middle of my college year. Another question you might be asking is "How tf is this scrawny nigga so fast?"
Well it's simple..run track year round. I do indoor, outdoor, summer, and high school track, make sure to work out on your own too.

And this just further proves my reason that track is stressful asf. But in the end it's all worth it.

You see, 𝐁𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐞 is much more than just showing up to a meet everyday and running a hell of a race. It shows the type of person you are with your sportsmanship, to teammates and non teammates, and it really shows how elite you are.. will you be the best of the best? Or are you sorry?

You also learn valuable lessons from it, like leadership, you have to work hard for what you want, and you have to want it for yourself. I had to learn that the hard way..it's not like I just woke up one day and said I wanna be fast. The world just doesn't work like that. If it did then every human on earth should be fast asl..But it's not. I had to train for it, I had to train to be the best, I had to train for these scholarships, I trained to be able to make a name for myself...

And all my hard work paid off...So with that being said..

𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐓𝐨 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐎𝐟 𝐀 𝐃𝟏 𝐀𝐭𝐡𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐞.⭐️