Take Me Home Pt.1

The day finally came, after dreading this moment for what seemed like years, I decided to avoid it all together. I faked being  sick instead of going to see the last of my boys off to the military. I couldn't say goodbye to them knowing this wasn't the end of us. As I finish making my coffee I sit down on my chair in my living room and  pick up my phone to see a message from Namjoon and Yoongi and a few missed calls from Jungkook and Jimin. I couldn't help but smile at the text message from the clumsy giant.

"Hey y/n, I'm sorry you're not feeling good to see us off, I just wanted to tell you that when we get back we're gonna throw the biggest party because out of all us and ARMY, you're the one hurting the most being the youngest member and the only one who doesn't have to do this. Anyways, you better call Jimin before they take his phone away because he hasn't put it down since he woke up this morning. We love you sweetheart, get better soon."

Namjoon always knows how to make me sad and yet, feel better about this than anyone. I text him back that I was sorry I didn't answer any of the calls or texts I've been really tired and can't keep my eyes open. He of course understood but Jimin didn't, that boy called the second he peeked over Namjoon's shoulder to see I was texting him.

As I watch the phone ring and ring and ring but can't bring myself to pick it up. The phone stopped ringing and I turned it off for the day. Walking into my bathroom I grasp the counter and stare at the bottom of the marble sink for a moment before looking up into the mirror, my cheeks tear stained, eyes red, and puffy from crying. I take a deep shaky breath as a few more tears streamed down my face and shake my head. "Get your shit together woman." I scoff at myself and turn to the bath to take a shower. Once out of the steaming hot bathroom I make my way to the big bedroom with a giant california king taunting me in the middle of the room, I can't help but quickly run out into one of the smaller bedrooms. 

My apartment was bigger than I wanted it to be, even when the boys started doing their own things like going out for solo press tours or like Jungkook, spending more time in America as the time to get ready for the military drew ever closer although i did enjoy our time together while he was here. It didn't matter without them here to brighten the place up with their useless banter and laughter, and warm cuddles, all of it just seemed pointless but I had a duty to ARMY and my family to keep myself going, if not for myself then I would keep going for my boys. 

Month 3

I sit in my miniature music studio located close to the bedroom I haven't been able to step into since that day three months ago. I had just gotten back from a photo shoot with another k-pop group for our music collab we did together just before the boys left. It was long and my mind was barely there for most of the press calls and questions they had for me and the others. I couldn't play the 'I don't know much english card' since I spoke english perfectly without a doubt, there were a few times I had to translate for the others like Joon always had to do. It was a bittersweet feeling but it made me smile nonetheless.

Sitting staring at the computer and music board sitting in front of me in silence so quiet you could hear a pin drop, I decided to bring out my phone and set it up on the desk and open the  Weverse app. My finger hovered over the start button for a long moment before thinking better of it.

"Fuck it." I press the start button and not even a millisecond went by before I had a few thousand ARMY sitting in the comments with myself just staring at the camera. Most of them said 'Hi, y/n! How are you? We missed your lives.' etc. All I could do was smile and start talking to them, looking into the camera on a few occasions for those with a video editing obsession.

"Three months have passed since the boys went off to the military, I like to think I've doing alright, trying to keep myself busy for the next year and nine months(?) doing little shows as the last maknae of BTS left standing. I don't mind the nickname it was something ARMY had given me just a week ago and I think it suits me. Today is a photoshoot for DIOR and I just can't get out of my own mind. I think I might go home afterwards and just have a few drinks, or more."