26

JENNIE

The next week I immediately made my way to the hospital to file a leave directly in my sister's office. I silently turned the knob of her room and roamed my sight.

Very neat, everything is in place.

I saw her talking to someone on the phone all mushy. I know already, she's talking to her wife, my sister-in-law, Chaeyoung.

It only took her seconds to notice my presence as I place my bag on the round table at the center of the office and comfortably settled myself on the long azure sofa.

"Jennie is here, babe. I'll call you back later?"

"Sure, love. Call me after I pick up Lianne  for lunch. I love you! And hi Jen Jen!!!"

I mouthed a sound of hello before they bid their goodbyes with a kiss on the screen.

They are so in love.

I wish Lisa and I could return the way we were and I know we will be as much as this if not more.

But then again, things would have been good from the very beginning if I only managed how I respond to things.

With the thought, sadness creeped again through me.

"Hey Jen? Jennie?"

I woke from a trance and saw Jisoo already beside me worried as she held my hand.

"H-hey unnie, how's Lianne?" I asked.

Lianne is the daughter they had from a successful IVF five years ago, the same year we also underwent and successfully made our first son Ellie.

"My child is very bright Jen, she's accelerated to first grade! Why not visit us with Lis when you have time?"

Realizing what she said is impossible at the moment, an apologetic smile lined her lips.

"How are you and Lisa? Any progress?"

It has been a week since I organized everything that I have to leave at home and in work. I made sure I am prepared physically, mentally, and emotionally in winning my wife back. This whole week had been crucial in reflecting to everything that happened and I have done.

Is Lisa actually waiting for me because I said I'd be by her side at the company everyday but then I took this week to repair everything about myself to brand new?

I even made a list in my head of what and where I could possibly bring us to and of course the possibility of her rejecting me. I must be immovable!

With these things in mind, I softly answered.

"So far nothing yet. This whole week I focused on regaining my strength. My apology has to be sincere unnie, and so I reanalyzed about everything."

Jisoo smiled and nodded.

"So now, has your analysis lead you on how stupid you are?"

"I realize how stupid I am to treat such a person who only did nothing but to love me even at the very worst."

Regrets hinted at my tone.

"Are you here to file a leave, then?"

Jisoo guessed.

"How did you know?"

I asked with confusion.

"It's funny how the tables have turned, Jenduek. Before it was Lisa who came here asking if she can take you on a vacation to 'win' you back. And now here you are...what if I don't agree this time?"