Chapter 4: Lost and Found

It's been days since Asta's mother had died and Liebe had vanished, all he had was the book his mother had left. Ever since his home was destroyed, he had no choice but to wander to the village hoping he could find a place to stay. Unfortunately not too many villagers were so open to let him stay. He would even offer to help with house work or anything that could get him a place to stay, but no one would accept. Soon after days would be weeks, and then weeks would months, specifically December when it started to snow, he hasn't eaten for a long time but only scraps, he had fallen to the ground, too weak to move. He was alone, he had no one to help him. He would hope that somehow his family would come to find him, take him home and things would be back to the way they were, but there are things that could never be possible. In a turn of events, a woman in black clothing had found him. She checked to see if Asta was okay.

???: Oh my goodness, are you alright!?

He couldn't hear her properly, he could barely see. Soon after he was his vision was starting to get dark.

???: Don't worry I'll take you to the church!

He had finally lost consciousness. Soon after he had woken up, but everything was...different. The sky was bloody red with no clouds or sun while he was on top of a sea of black. He suddenly heard a screeching voice in the distance, all it said was...

???:kill...kill...

The voice continues to grow louder and louder until it stopped. A sudden wave of black ooze came burst out from the ground, forming into a giant demon. It's had a blood red eyes and a large sharp grin.

???: I... will...kill...EVERYTHING!!!

Asta felt terrified, it looked exactly like the same demon that took over Liebe and killed his mother. He tried to runaway but his body was slowly sinking into the floor, consuming him slowly.

Asta: Mom! Liebe! Somebody please, help me!

He couldn't escape, bit by bit he started to get engulfed until everything went black. Nothing, there was nothing, until he woke up for real, only this time he found himself in an unfamiliar room on top of a rugged bed. He had no idea how he got here to begin with. He remembered being out in the freezing cold tired, now he's here. Before he could understand what happened he heard quick foot steps across the room, spotting a boy with black hair and a unique looking necklace.

Asta: Uh hello...

He was startled, he didn't know what he would say. So he scampered to the door leaving Asta alone.

Asta: Oh...

Then suddenly he heard footsteps coming out the door before finally meeting the woman in black clothes.

???: Oh my goodness, you're awake. Thank the lord.

The lady dashed to hug Asta, happy for his recovery.

Asta:Um... hi. Wait are you the person who saved me?

???: Fufu, I suppose you can say that. Oh! I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Lily Aquaria, I'm a sister of Hage village's church.

Asta: I'm Asta... From the forest.

Lily: Ahaha, I see... Wait, are you telling the truth?

He nods yes

Lily: How did you manage to survive at your age!?

Asta: My mom took care of me she...she...

He suddenly had realized about his mother's death, lowering his head as tears flows down from his eyes .

Lily: I see... I'm so sorry Asta...

She gently hugs Asta comforting him.

Lily: I promise. We will take care of you from now on.