11 - Returning home

" Wanna try this cookie? I made it myself or maybe brownie! I made an extra batch that you can bring with you to the past! " Felix was of course too excited to meet the younger male that he had been talking nonstop for the past 30 minutes and honestly older Minho pitied his younger self who was sitting beside the hyperactive chick.

Don't get him wrong though, he loves the younger australian but he can be a little hyper for his introverted self. And Felix is worst when around kids. He would be literally jumping around and playing games as if he was relieving his own childhood.

Felix's childhood wasn't all flowers and cakes as he grew up as a single child of workaholic parents. The loneliness he felt in the childhood, maybe that's what brought the excitement in Felix whenever he was around kids or just someone younger than him.

Though Minho wasn't that young but 18, Felix still saw him as his younger brother and treated him like a kid, which he couldn't do with the actual older Minho so he wanted to make the most of what time was left.

" Felix? "

" Hmm? " Felix mindlessly hummed as he removed more sweets from his bag to share with the younger, who was surprisingly calm and maybe enjoying all the sweetness a little bit. Minho never liked sweets that much and preferred spicy over sweets but he would never decline the sunshine.

" I think it's time to leave. " Felix immediately turned towards his boyfriend with a pout. " But.. I just met him. " He was clearly sad and suddenly Chan was lost at words. How could he say no to those cute puppy eyes?

" It's nearly time to leave for Minho too. He still has the note to write. " Changbin gently reminded and Felix felt disheartened. Though he understood the severity of the moment and stood up from his position on the bed.

" It was nice meeting you Min. " He said with a sad smile. Minho returned the smile.
" Can I hug you if you don't mind? "

Minho contemplated for a moment remembering how he was strangled moments ago and if he wanted to relive the moment but even if he was strangled again, he couldn't say no to the Felix so he nodded.

Felix immediately wrapped his arms around Minho and kept his chin on the younger's shoulder. " Minho always treated me as his younger brother and it always warms my heart to know I had an older brother. I just wanted to return the feelings so I hope I didn't overwhelm you. "

Minho unknowingly let out a soft smile as he heard Felix whisper. He was sure only he heard it and probably looked like a mental bafoon smiling like that to everyone else in the room.

" Bye Minho. See you soon in the future. " Minho chuckled at him and waved goodbye to Chan and Felix who left together.

Changbin gave him a fist bump and bid his farewell as well as it was past midnight and indeed the time for Minho to return was approaching.

" Have you decided what to write yet? " His older self questioned as he stood beside the chair the younger was sitting on with the tiny piece of paper infront of him which remained blank except for a date at the top most corner. Even if he had been staring at the paper for last 10 minutes, he still hasn't written a single word on it.

" I don't know what to write. " Younger Minho started. " I got to know so many things, so many stories and so many people. I want to remember them all but I don't think I can fit them all in this 2 by 1 inch paper. " After seeing his younger self so deep in thought, he decided to help a little so Minho leaned on the table as he asked a question.

" What do you think was the whole purpose of you coming here? " His younger self contemplated before he answered.

" I don't know. The lady just wanted to return the favour so she gave me the key. " He shrugged and Minho shook his head.

" So if you didn't come here would it mean everything would be same as it is in the future you would eventually live? "

" It should be.. since I would forget everything other than this piece of information. "

" So this should be the most important thing for you, don't you think? " And suddenly his younger self looked towards him as he realised what the older meant. " I think you know what to write. " The older chuckled and patted on his shoulder before walking towards the door.

" Once you are done, at exact 3 insert the key into the door's keyhole and you'll be back to where you came from. It was nice meeting you Min. " His older self gave a sweet little smile and waved as he left the room.

Younger Minho sighed and lifted the pen to start scribbling, while the clock ticked away. Once the hour hand landed on the number 3, just as before, the door of the room he was currently in started glowing and he felt a familiar ich of the key around his neck.

He gently removed it from below his shirt and stood up. After placing the small note inside his pocket he walked towards the door and unlatched the key from around his neck.

Taking a deep breath and going through the eventful day he had for one last time, he inserted the key and turned it without hesitance.

Finally taking a last glance behind in the room he was currently in which belonged to the Han-Lee couple, his eyes wandered towards the small photo frame sitting on the edge of the desk with the couple smiling so widely that Minho worried that his mouth would split into two if he tried to smile so wide like them but he was, he was smiling beside the love of his life in that picture and he knew only Jisung would bring out the smile so wide, so full and so happy from within him.

" I'll meet you again Jisung. I promise. " And he walked through the door, letting it close behind him.

—–«◖❁◗»–—
1036

27/dec/23
Late update cuz i forgot :⁠^⁠)