05

2 days later, Soomin was sitting in her room playing uno with Soyeon. She was still ignoring the boys and only let her best friend stay by her side during this period.

"Uno," Soomin said as she sighed and looked outside the window. It was raining and windy again.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang, disrupting the quiet atmosphere in the room. Soomin glanced at Soyeon, puzzled.

"Are you expecting someone?" Soyeon asked, equally confused.

Soomin shook her head, and they exchanged curious glances before her friend went to answer the door.

To their surprise, Dahyun stood at the entrance, holding a small umbrella to shield herself from the rain.

"Hi, is Soomin here?" Dahyun asked, smiling warmly.

Soyeon gestured for her to come in, and Dahyun entered, closing the umbrella.

Soomin's eyes widened seeing her. She hesitated for a second to talk but did it finally. "Hey, Dahyun... What brings you here?"

Dahyun took a deep breath before responding, "I heard about everything from your friends, and I wanted to talk to you about Yunho. Can we sit down and chat?"

Soomin exchanged a glance with Soyeon, who gave her a supportive nod. Dahyun began to share what she knew about Yunho's current situation."He's going through a tough time. His dad is putting a lot of pressure on him, and he's been isolating himself in his room. He's not eating properly, and he cries a lot. I had no idea about your feelings for him, and I'm really sorry if my presence made things more complicated."

Soomin gulped and looked away. She felt like the sky fell on her head hearing all of these. She had never seen Yunho in this stage since he was always the sunshine and golden retriever friend.

She nodded and looked back at Dahyun.

"Thank you for telling me the truth, Dahyun. I appreciate your honesty. I didn't mean to distance myself because of you. It's just... seeing him with someone else hurt more than I expected." Soomin admitted, her voice trembling.

Dahyun nodded understandingly. "I get it, Soomin. Love is complicated, and feelings are messy."

"By the way," She continued and took out of her purse 2 tickets, giving one to Soomin and one to Soyeon, "If you want to clear your mind and finally go out of your room, here you go a ticket to Jackson Wang's party from tonight. You should come. Yunho will also be there if you guys want to talk this out. I have to go now. Take care of yourself and see you tonight."

Dahyun left and now Soyeon knew what she had to do.

"No Soyeon I don't want to go-" Soomin started but was instantly cut off.

"Nuh-uh. You're coming. First of all, you can finally clear your mind. Second of all, you're leaving your room and the house finally after like 2 weeks. Third of all, you heard what she said. Yunho will be there too." Soyeon said as she threw a pillow at Soomin.

The girl sighed and rolled her eyes at Soyeon's persistence. "Fine, but I'm not promising anything. I'll go, but don't expect me to magically resolve everything."

Soyeon grinned. "That's all I'm asking for. Let's get ready for the party; it might be a good opportunity for you to talk to Yunho."

Soomin rolled her eyes and went to get ready since it was already afternoon.

She went to her room and locked it because she had some plans.

———

After dressing up and getting ready she took some blades and put them in an empty lipstick and shifted them in the purse.

"Here we go again... It will be a lot of blood." She whispered and put on some dark red lipstick. She wore a short tight black dress with a blouse on top. 

"Are you ready?" Soyeon yelled outside the room and rolled her eyes as the girl took long enough to get ready.

Soomin took a last glance in the mirror and came out.

Soyeon's jaw dropped as she saw Soomin's transformation. "Girl, you look stunning!"

Soomin chuckled nervously, trying to hide the turmoil beneath her glamorous appearance.

———

As they headed to the party, she couldn't shake the apprehension gnawing at her. The venue was filled with lively music and vibrant lights. Soyeon dragged Soomin into the crowd, encouraging her to enjoy the moment.

However, amidst the laughter and dancing, Soomin couldn't escape the lingering thoughts of Yunho.

As the night progressed, Soomin spotted Yunho across the room.

The air tensed as their eyes met, and for a moment, the world seemed to fade away. Soyeon nudged her, urging her to approach him.