𝐓𝐎 𝐌𝐑𝐒.𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐑!

BY THE AGE OF 14 my hormones began to run rampant

BY THE AGE OF 14 my hormones began to run rampant. Along with those hormones came feelings. I was so young at the time that I simply couldn't understand why I felt that way. I pushed it aside believing that it was just an innocent crush, but it wasn't.

Mrs.Carter was just so beautiful, who wouldn't have a crush on her? The only thing that kept me at bay was the fact that she was my best friend's stepmother.

Temetrius, aka Ja, and I had been best friends since the sandbox. Both of our fathers would take us to the neighborhood basketball court and have us play. When my father passed, Ja's father took me under his wing and treated me as if I was a second son to him. He would go out of his way to make sure me and my mama were doing good. My father was his brother, they'd do anything for eachother.

Ja and I were raised like siblings since we were young which makes me feel extremely guilty.

My mother and father had been married from the time I was born to the time my father passed. Ja's family had gone through something similar. His mother passed away some days after his birth leaving him in the care of his father. My mother went above and beyond to make sure he had a motherly figure to look up to.

For 13 years, Ja and I were best friends, siblings even. My mother was his mother and his father was my father, nobody could tell us different.

But on my 14th birthday, everything changed immediately once she stepped foot into our lives.

I remember the day as if it were yesterday. I was a bit saddened that day because I hadn't seen Ja all day. We did almost everything together and he would never miss my birthday so I was confused. When he did arrive he was so excited telling me that there was someone he wanted me to meet.

He dragged me down the street where his father stood with a woman.

"Dad's gotta girlfriend, you have to meet her!" He exclaimed with a huge smile. I was a bit skeptical because his father had never brought home a woman, not since his mother died. The back of her head seemed oddly familiar but I just couldn't seem to put my finger on it. 

Nothing could've prepared me for when she turned around to face me. The way she spoke to me had my body tingling in ways I could've never imagined.

"Hi handsome, it's so nice to meet you."

"My name is Bey," her smooth honey-like voice had me in a trance. Her beautiful brown eyes, that pearly white smile, everything about that woman was perfect. My cheeks grew warm over time and caused me to reply with a small smile that caused her to bask in my shyness.

With someone so beautiful, who could act normal?

Beyoncé wasn't Ja's biological mother but with the way they were attached at the hip you would believe they were mother and son. Some months after I had met Beyoncé on my birthday, she and Ja's father, Shawn, got married. Ja was beyond excited to finally have a mother that he can have all his own. He loved my mother as if she was his but I know he wanted his own.