Chapter 2

Cylest and I climbed out of the tree and returned to the ground after spending an hour there. 

"Are you set?"  He asked.

"Yes, let's move on." I answered.

  The fog began to lift as we moved forward.  Ahead, I could see a large building.  It was dark brown in color with crimson markings.

     "What's that?"  I asked, In hopes that it was our destination. 

"We will be staying there."  He answered.

  I was relieved to arrive and take a break from my aching legs.  A girl with light pink hair with green and blue eyes emerged from the building as soon as we got there and greeted Cylest.

  "Welcome Home Cylest, would you like me to get some tea going?"

"That would be pleasant. Maya is our guest; I will show her to her room." Cleo was informed by Cylest.

With a nod, Cleo opened the door and extended her hand to greet us inside.  After we entered, I followed Cylest as he led me to my room.

"This room is yours." Saying that, Cylest opened the door.

"This place has everything you need. Your bed and closet are on your left, and the shower and towels are to your right. You can wear some of the clothes in the closet."  Cylest explained as I smiled at him.

"I really appreciate it."  I said, Thanking him.

"No problem, I'll be waiting for you outside your room."  He smiled back at me.

He closed the door behind me as I entered the room. I turned on the shower and let the water warm up, as the water filled the room with steam I got undressed. I washed the blood and dirt of my body that accumulated from the earlier fight.

In an attempt to keep the floor dry after rinsing off all the blood and grime, I reached for a towel to dry off my body before exiting the shower.  I placed the towel on the ground and began drying my feet after I had finished drying my body.  I dried my feet and went to the closet that Cylest had told me I could look in. I peeked inside the closet after opening it. The clothes are very different from what I usually wear.  I picked up an outfit and threw it on.  a long, white garment that reveals most of my back and stomach while covering my chest. I was also wearing extremely short shorts and had a rope around my waist with a piece of fabric hanging down in front of me. 

             My body was visible to everyone.  It was a very uncomfortable outfit, but I would have to adjust. I inhaled deeply before moving to open the door, I was met with Cylest's gaze. He was leaning against the wall, arms crossed over his chest.

Knowing that he could see my body made me blush a little.  He didn't look down at my body; instead, he just stared at my face.  He knew what he should and shouldn't do, and he was courteous.  This man is smart as hell, and I like that about him.

"Is everything okay?"  When he finished speaking, I glanced up at him. 

Shit, is the outfit I'm wearing wrong? I thought to myself.

"Yes, everything is alright. why?"  I questioned in a fretful manner.

"I just wanted to be sure.  I mean, you're my guest."  He paused before speaking again. "Look." 

Suddenly, he grabbed my hand and began yanking me toward the living area.

"Are you still interested in speaking with the third soul?"  He asked me out of the blue. 

"Yes, I do. When can we speak with her?"  After a moment, he glanced down at the ground and then back up at me.

"Come."  He released my hand and headed back into the forest through the door.