???'s Past: The end (Short)

Timeline: ???

After a member of a popular unit performed a solo at a live house, to mark the end of his unit, he headed backstage to be greeted by one of his upperclassmen.

Upperclassmen: That was an amazing performance as always, I expect nothing less from the rising star himself.

The young idol just nodded in response too exhausted from the performance he just did. The upperclassmen noticed this as well but continued to keep a straight face for the young idol. The upperclassmen put a hand on his shoulder and smiled.

Upperclassmen: Come on lets have a seat after that performance of yours, you deserve it.

The young idol nodded and let the upperclassmen lead him to one of the waiting rooms taking a seat with him on the couch.

Upperclassmen: So how do you-

(???): Rei-San why are you here?

Rei was taken aback but held a straight face.

Rei: Whatever do you mean, isn't common for me to come see you after your shows just to chat.

(???): That may be true, but I know you well enough that isn't the only reason youre here. You came to check up on me, didn't you?

Rei just sighed and had a smile on his face time with worry in his eyes for the younger idol.

Rei: Looks like you caught me, you're as sharp as ever.

The younger idol laughed softly and smiled along with Rei.

(???): Honestly, you worry too much then again you are an old man after all so it's natural for you to worry like you are now.

Although the younger idol laughed and smiled it didn't reach his eyes. Rei took notice of this, and it made his worry grow slightly. He didn't say anything, trying to come up with a response while also trying to gauge the young idol's reaction. All he can tell from the young idol's facial expression is that he lost his spark and no matter how much the young idol tries to hide his pain with a smile the young idols expression appears lifeless but is able to mask it well.

The young idol took notice of Rei studying him but didn't comment. After a bit of silence for the two Rei finally spoke up.

Rei: Are you sure this is what you want to do?

The young idol looked down with a woeful expression.

(???): Heh, you aren't the only one who asked this the others asked the same thing.

The young idol then looked up to the ceiling in thought trying to think about how to word his thoughts.

(???): As much as I want to continue being an idol I can't. An idol should be able to give people a place of belonging or a safe place with their music, whether it's by sharing and giving the joy that they are experiencing or helping people feel less alone with the pain they feel. Not just for the fans but for their fellow idols as well.

The young idol remembered the events that led to this and was trying to calm himself down and recollect his thoughts. Rei understood without him having to say anything and let the idol take his time.

(???): Unfortunately, I failed my fellow unit members and because of this they ended up suffering. How can I call myself an idol if I caused my team pain?

Rei noticed the young idol beginning to break and took him in an embrace hoping to help calm the idol. Even though the young idol's expression is lifeless he can tell that the young idol himself is suffering a lot.

He saw from the performance that though the live went well and the young idol gave a great performance by himself without his other members he also saw that it was painful for the young idol to be on the stage and perform.

Rei: What happened wasn't your fault, you didn't know that this would happen.

The young idol shook his head in response.

(???): No, as the leader I should have figured this would be a possibility and prepared for this outcome at least then it wouldn't have turned out this bad.

Rei wanted to object to this but figured that now words wouldn't help at least to this moment so instead he held the young idol tighter in his embrace and started to rub the idol's back to soothe him.

After a long amount of silence, the young idol's phone rang and got out of Rei's embrace to check his phone. It was an alarm telling him he had to get ready for tomorrow.

(???): I must get going otherwise it will be a hassle for me tomorrow.

Rei smiled and patted the idol's head.

Rei: Fufufu, well we wouldn't want that would we.

The young idol got up and was about to leave.

Rei: Ill see you later when you come back.

The young idol wanted to disagree with what he said but decided against it.

(???): I guess you will. We'll just have to see what the future holds.

After the young idol said that he took his leave.

-

A/N: I wonder you that idol was and what happened to them. Guess we just have to wait and see what the future holds like he said.