Prologue

"Hey, Bennyboo!" I said, imitating my 'best friend' Audrey, Ben's daughter. Ben is my real best friend. But don't tell him that I said that. He'll become soft.

"Hi, Audrey." Ben said, turning around from the window that he looks out of often. I don't question it. He's obviously looking for birds.

He went to go kiss me but when he realized that it was me, he jumped away.

Yeah, I tend to have a habit of doing that to people.

"Ben, you need to relax. You have a girlfriend now, surprisingly. You can't be trying to get me anymore. That was a long time ago." I said, teasing him. Hey, he was the one that was trying to kiss me, not me.

"Shut up!" He said, hitting my arm. "I didn't know it was you. You sound just like Audrey!"

"Is that why you're doing this? Ben, you're going to have to get over me eventually." I smirked at him.

When we were younger, about 5 or 6, Ben asked me to be his girlfriend but I 'politely' declined.

And by politely, I mean that I slapped him and kicked him in the shins.

I was a delightful child.

I quickly changed the subject because I didn't need Ben going all Beast on me.

"So, why are you looking out the window? You know, you tend to be doing that recently. Looking for birds?" I asked while flopping face first onto his bed.

"No... Rach, do you ever wonder what it's like over there on the Isle? Like how the children feel to be living there?" Ben asked me, turning to the window.

I took this opportunity to steal the cookie off of the nightstand. What? I like cookies!

"Oh yeah, all the time." It was true. I really did feel bad for the kids on the Isle of the Lost. The only thing that I have against King Beast is the fact that he let the villain's kids stay on the horrible Isle. Everyone deserves a second chance. He's a little bit of hypocrite if you ask me, seeing as he kidnapped a young girl and then him and said young girl fell in love and she gave him a second chance.

"Wait really!?" Ben whipped his head around to look at me.

"Yeah, they don't deserve to be there. Their parents do. The kids over there didn't do anything wrong." I replied with a mouthful of chocolate chip cookie.

Ben took the cookie out of my hand and said, "I'm glad that you agree Ms. Royal Advisor because that's my first proclamation."

"WAIT, REALLY? Oh my gosh, Ben, that's amazing! See, I told you that you electing me as Royal Advisor was a good thing. I'm helping you think of all the right decisions." I jumped up from off of his bed and hugged him.

"You don't think that this is a bad idea, right? You don't think that my parents will be angry, do you?" he asked me unsurely.

"Ben, listen to me. 1. You're the new king, you can do whatever you want. And 2. this is probably the smartest thing that's ever came out of your mouth. Plus, I've always to meet one of them." I reassured him.

"Of course you want to meet them. They're just like you!"

"Haha, funny joke dingus. Now give me back the cookie. But seriously, I'm really proud of you. That's a really risky, but great, first proclamation." I said.

"Thanks bestie." He joked while hugging me.

Okay, I'll let it slide, but just this once.

"Hey, that title is reserved for my all-time best friend, Audrey." We both laughed, knowing for a fact that that's not true, but I had to lighten the mood somehow.

"So, did you decide on who's coming?" I asked while snatching back the cookie.

"Actually, yes. Jay, son of Jafar. Evie, daughter of the Evil Queen, Carlos, son of Cruella De Vil and Mal, daughter of Maleficent." He hesitated a little when he got to Mal.

When he said Maleficent, I choked on my cookie.

"WHAT?!"