Another Take

Parker furrowed her eyebrows as a knock sounded on her door. She was wondering if it was her stalker, she also wasn't sure how to feel about him anymore.

Willing her cheeks to return to a normal color, it wasn't often that she was embarrassed but it seemed to be happening a lot since Milo moved into the building.

As soon as she opened her door she was met with the now familiar black frames and shaggy brown hair that belonged to none other than the man himself.

"Hi.." His lips slowly turned into a nervous smile as he was met with Parker's neutral expression. When she made no attempt to smile back he only swallowed, nervously running a hand through his messy hair.

"I uh.. I just wanted to check on you.. I'm not sure how much of last night you remember—-"
"—-I think I got the gist." She was about to shut the door just out of the sheer embarrassment that was currently pooling in her stomach but per usual a large hand came up to keep it open.

"S-sorry, not cool." Milo scolded himself pulling his hand back with a sigh. "...I told my mom."

"..What?" Parker tilted her head to get a better look at the guy currently blushing in her doorway.

"I told my mom.. All of it." Realization finally hit her and she gaped at the boy.

"She was livid.. but she also had some good advice.. Advice she's been basically tell me my whole life."

Parker was completely in shock that he had actually done it. He could be lying but his eyes seemed nothing but honest.

"Which is?"

"To be myself and to be honest.. which I definitely wasn't being when I met you that night.." Milo took a deep breath, here goes nothing.

"I'm Milo, I live five floors above you and I made a unforgivable mistake on Halloween night because I might've had too many and saw a really hot girl in a really hot Halloween costume.. Which is so not an excuse but just trying to be honest.." Biting his lip he watched for her reaction to see if she would just slam the door on him. When she didn't he sighed in relief.
"..I have never ever degraded someone like that before and I'm so sorry I did it to you. You didn't deserve it.. and it wasn't until last night that I realized all the damage I did with that picture..." Parker bit down on her lip as she watched as real tears welled up in his eyes. "I've never been so disappointed in myself.. and I'm so sorry for making you feel unsafe in your own home.." Willing himself to go on, even as his voice became gravel like.

"I've hated myself for it since the night it happened, I just want to take it back or make it better but I know now.. It's not something I can just slap a bandaid over. I really do hope one day you can forgive me.. and that we could even be friends but I understand if your not ready." Taking a deep breath his eyes met hers. He swallowed hard as her usual stoney expression wavered. Her own eyes glossy like his.

"Thank you." Parker barely was able to get the words out, not wanting to show how emotional she could be.
All she wanted was a real apology, a honest one.

"H-how are you feeling?"

"Fine thanks to you, thank you for getting me home."

"Anytime." He said it without missing a beat and she knew he really meant it.

"See you around Milo." She put emphasis on his name letting him know she knew what it was. She only called him Miles out of spite.

"Take care Parker."

......

December

As soon as December 1st rolled around the apartment building would be decked out in Christmas cheer. Red bows adorned the doors, garlands hung with care and a beautifully look decorated tree sat in the lobby with a bowl full of candy canes next to it.

Milo finally felt happy about the holidays as he stepped out of his apartment. He had been in a funk since Halloween but now with him finally accepting what he did and apologizing, he felt a little lighter. He couldn't take back what he did but he would just continue putting his best self out there everyday. Making sure to never repeat such a heinous crime again.

Stepping into the elevator he jammed his thumb into the button for the garage floor. Today he would start his Christmas shopping, pulling out his phone he checked over the list of everyone he needed to find gifts for in his notes.

The elevator came to a stop five floors down and he felt his chest tighten. The doors slowly opened and he felt his heart stop for a second as the now familiar face got on. She undeniably had a way with style and the clothes she wore.

Her Christmas red dress came to mid thigh, where her black tights with little bows covered her from there. She finished shrugging on her coat, hitting the lobby button before turning to him and offering a small smile.

"Hi.." It came out breathier than he meant it but just the same it made her chuckle. "Hi yourself."

"Uh doing some Christmas shopping?" He tried to make small talk. They had another twenty floors before they hit the lobby and they hadn't seen each other since the moment they shared at her apartment door days ago.

"Actually yeah? You too?" He nodded, relaxing as he realized they were actually talking. Not a sliver
of tension in the air.

"I just hope I can get a Uber or a cab.. Were you able to?"  Her Uber app was still trying to find her a ride. It was the busiest time of year and never enough drivers for the amount of LA riders.

"I have a car."  Of course he did..  She pursed her lips. Reminded of their different financial status's once again.

The elevator was about to hit the lobby floor, Milo squeezing his fingers into a fist as he debated asking what was on his mind.

"Well have a good—"
"—would you like a ride?"  They both spoke making him flush as he realized that didn't come
out as smooth as he had hoped.

"I mean.. I'm sure we might have some of the same stores on our list. If you want a ride?" Parker parted her lips, he could see her weighing her options. He suddenly felt like he was being a creep again. Who asks someone to get in their car ?
It felt like he knew her, but he knew he didn't. He had been in her apartment. Seen her in ways he wasn't suppose to. He didn't know her, but he wanted to.

"Okay, that could work.." Parker surprised him as she tried to choose her words carefully. "I could probably get a Uber easier once in the city anyways. If we needed to split up..." Milo nodded, trying to keep it cool as he realized she just actually accepted his offer. "Any chance your heading to the grove?"

"First on my list.." He laughed, showing her his shopping list.

"Wow you have a lot of people..." Her eyes went wide realizing his list didn't even fit on the screen while he shrugged. "I really like getting people gifts."

She thought back to all the things he had gotten her and suddenly it made more sense.

As they got to the parking garage below their building she couldn't help but scoff as he held up the key fob for his car, the white car near them unlocking.

"What?"

"Of course you have a Tesla.."  Milo just shook his head with a laugh.

"Just get in."

....

Oh, not another take