Chapter 6- Send Me An Angel

"It's because of her isn't it?" Jackie broke out. It wasn't the best idea to tell her at school but Adam was desperate to let it all out. Jackie said as she placed her hands on her hips, "You're not that dumb- she was probably all over you. She's homely Adam-"

"Don't talk about her like that!" Adam stated. "She's beautiful and smart and nice to people."

"What's that's supposed to mean?" Jackie said offended.

"Come on Jackie you're not that dumb," Adam shot back. "Y/n cares about people, she isn't judgemental or rude-"

"Whatever Adam," Jackie said trying to cut him off but Adam wasn't finished.

"You've turned into someone I can't stand Jackie and I've tried to put up with you and talk to you but you won't listen-"

"Let me guess? Y/n's a good listener too?!" She said sarcastically.

"Yes, she is," Adam said honestly. "And I'm gonna need you to listen right now; I'm done."

Jackie looked like was about to throw a tantrum. "You know what Adam? It's over see if Y/n will put up with you!" She said as she slammed her locker in his face.

Adam wasn't much of a fighter but he didn't enjoy being walked all over, especially now that Jackie was crushing Y/n with her nasty words. Once Jackie had stormed down the halls a weight lifted off Adam's shoulder.

🎄

The next day at school everyone was buzzing about the dance that was going to happen that night. Y/n desperately wanted to find Adam and ask him about his note.

"Hey, girl?" Maggie said as she threw her arm around Y/n, "You didn't call me last night?"

"Last night," Y/n chuckled to herself, "I need to tell you what happened last night."

Y/n sat by the windowsill as she told Maggie everything that happened last night, her best friend felt awful for Y/n. "Well, have you talked to him?" She asked.

"No," Y/n said out of breath, "I need to talk to him though because he left this in my textbook," Y/n stated as she pulled out the note. Maggie's brown eyes widened as she grabbed the note.

"No way! Do you understand?" She said in excitement.

"I-I guess not," Y/n said with a confused giggle.

"He's asking you out!" she said jumping up and down.

"What?!" Y/n yelled as she snatched the note out of her friend's hand. "No, he's not-"

"Oh yes, he is!" Maggie squeaked, "Jesus you're blind."

"Maggie, he's just got out of a relationship with Jackie," Y/n said reminding herself, "I would be wrong... For both of us."

Her brown-eyed friend understood what Y/n was saying but wished there was a way for her to be happy. "Well maybe if you go to the dance you can have a 'friendly not flirty' dance with Adam," she said with a smile. "Y'know just two friends dancing at a dance."

"I dunno Mags-" Just then the warning bell rang. "Come on, let's get going."

The entire day Y/n thought about Adam and his note. Was he asking her out? He almost kiss her. This made Y/n feel uncertain about Adam and who he was as a person. During the day she tried to find him but they didn't have any classes together for the rest of the day.

Once Adam got to school he searched for Y/n. He needed to tell her how he wanted to kiss her and ask if she got his note. At the end of the day, Adam caught Y/n by her locker he was just about to go talk to her when he felt a pair of hands pull him in.

"What the?" Adam said as he back hit a locker.

"Not so loud she'll hear you," Maggie said as she placed her hand over his mouth.

"Listen Maggie I need to talk to Y/n-"

"I know Y/n told me everything," her friend admitted.

"You have to know I would never do anything to hurt her," Adam said sincerely. "I broke up with Jackie and I-"

"It's okay, I trust you," Maggie stated, "from what she's told me you're a nice guy."

"So can I talk to her," Adam asked.

"No," Maggie said with a smirk, "I have a better idea!"

"Which is what?" Adam asked suspiciously.

"Think about it tonight the dance, you wrote her that note-"

"She told you about that?" Adam asked embarrassed.

"Honey she showed me it- but that's beside the point," Maggie said looking over her shoulder to if Y/n was still in sight. "Listen, Y/n's not a dancing-going kind of girl so let's make a deal; I'll convince her to go if you show her the best night of her life-"

"Deal!" Adam said without missing a beat.

🎄

That afternoon Maggie called Y/n and begged her to come to the dance that was happening that night.

"I dunno Mags," Y/n said over the line, "I wouldn't even have anything to wear, the theme is winter-"

"Liar, you have that blue dress that you wore for your sister's wedding," Maggie pointed out, "Listen it's in three hours I could come over and we do our hair and makeup together!" Her best friend offered.

"I...I guess-"

"I'm on my way!" Maggie squeaked as she hung up the phone. Y/n laughed at the fact he had an amazing friend. It didn't take long before Maggie was at Y/n's doorstep. She brought over hot curlers and a bag full of makeup. "Okay," she huffed as she made her way to Y/n's room, "let's do this!"

They curled their hair together and helped one another do each other's make-up. "How's that?" Maggie asked as she showed Y/n her face with soft blue makeup to match her dress. Her lips and cheeks had a slight pink to them and her hair was pulled into a half ponytail that curled at the ends.

"Oh my god-"

"I know right!" Her brown-eyed friend said proudly, "Now go try on that dress!" Y/n smiled at her as she slipped into the dress she hadn't worn in a year. She stood in her room feeling like a snow princess.

"Y/n you look amazing!" Maggie said she grabbed her best friend's hands. "I gotta get home, Darren picking me up at my house."

"Must be nice, y'know having a boyfriend," Y/n said with a genuine smile.

"It is," Maggie said with a warm heart, "trust me you'll find out soon enough," she said in a low voice so that Y/n couldn't hear her.