01| Al Mawt

"Fuck...that HAS to count as an out-of-body experience..." William mumbled through his groan which sounded softer than usual, but he didn't notice this because of his sluggish state at the moment. "What the hell...?" William sat up to see he was in an old-fashioned bedroom adorned with wooden furniture covered in silk sheets and torches hanging in the corners of the room. He was in a wooden bed covered in silk sheets as well. He looked down at himself which caused his eyes to widen in shock.

"Huh!?!" William rushed out of the bedroom of the abandoned cabin and pivoted into another room in the cabin that looked similar to a bathroom to find a mirror hanging on the wall next to a wooden tub. When William looked in the mirror, he saw a beautiful woman with a slim build, tanned skin, brown eyes, with straight dark brown hair. "I'M A WHOLE-ASS WOMAN!!! WHAT THE FUCK!?!"

William placed her hands on her chest once more and groped the fleshy mounds. "Tits...Wow, I can't believe it...I have tits..." She slowly murmured in disbelief before staring at herself in the mirror for a long time until an idea popped into her mind.

"Wait...If I have tits does that mean I also have...?" William asked while trailing off as she slowly pulled the waistline of her trousers to see what was inside them. "EEH!?! I have a dick though!? What kind of sick joke is this, God!?!" William shouted, hoping He would give her an answer.

William suddenly had another idea and quickly touched his throat. "I watched a movie once with this dumbass bear in it. He said, "There's no such thing as girls with dicks, only guys with tits." If I can find my..." The female suddenly deadpanned when she couldn't feel her Adam's apple. "Oh, fuck no! GOD!!!" William shouted once again but louder to get His attention.

"God decided it would be funny if the characteristics you gained were based on your likes and dislikes from your past life. He has a weird sense of humor at times but he always means well. Don't be upset, William. He gave you a COMPLETE makeover." A soft yet very sarcastic voice echoed through William's mind.

"Who are you!?" William asked the award-winning question. When she looked around to find the voice, a single sigh escaped the voice that resided in her head.

"Look in the mirror again, William." The voice echoed in her mind once more.

William turned her head back to the mirror to see a person other than herself in the mirror. "Ah. Finally, it's nice to make your acquaintance, friend. I have been assigned by God to be your guide on your journey to redemption. Gabriel. That's my name. I'm one of God's Archangels and a very well-known Messenger." Gabriel spoke casually while looking down at his nails.

Gabriel took on the appearance of a young man with fluffy, curly brown hair compared to a sheep's fleece and eyes that were as blue as the sky. He was lean and short in comparison to William. He was 5'4". He donned cross earrings as four beautiful wings were folded behind him, all glistening like they were in the sun. He was dressed in a white tunic with gold lining and some brown trousers.

"Whoa...no homo, dude. But you're gorgeous..." William told Gabriel mindlessly while blinking at the Archangel. "Is Heaven where all the hot people are?"

Gabriel only chuckled. "Beauty is a concept created by the mortal plane. The truest form of beauty is within," The Archangel said as he looked at William. "Right now, you're an ugly person, William. I think it's time we fix that." Gabriel said with a confident smile.

William deadpanned. "I'm not ugly. I'm just misunderstood." She tried to defend herself despite knowing she was a horrible human being in her past life.

Gabriel laughed softly and said, "You have nothing to fear. Ugliness is only temporary for the followers who are willing to redeem themselves. There are many challenges to overcome. I know this will be a hard adventure, but I'm sure you'll make this mission of redemption worthwhile. I will be with you the entire time. Look down at your hands." Gabriel said, pointing down at William's finger.