NINETEEN

tilly flinched a bit as jaehyun finished the tattoo on her inner wrist

tilly flinched a bit as jaehyun finished the tattoo on her inner wrist. they'd been left alone in the shop since johnny and ten needed to help doyoung and his girlfriend sumin with their cafe shipments. after jaehyun clarified that he'd gotten his tattooing certification when he was eighteen, johnny and ten decided that he had to get re-certified.

"what do you think?" jaehyun asked as he finished dabbing the excess ink and blood away. tilly gingerly pulled her wrist to her face and smiled unconscious at how good it looked. she'd gotten a bumblebee, in memory of her grandmother and her daughter, who shared the name "bea."

well... who used to share the name.

looking up, tilly showed her grin. "i love it. it definitely came out a lot better than mine..." she trailed off, stealing a glance at her cotton ball-hamster already fading from jaehyun's forearm. "sorry about that, by the way."

"don't be. i seriously like it a lot," he said as he silently admired the tattoo. "plus, it was your first one. i used to tattoo my friends all the time in america."

tilly placed both hands against the tattoo chair she was sitting on, her shoulders raising naturally at the position. "what was that like?"

"america?"

tilly nodded. "mhm."

"uh," she watched as a slow smile grew against jaehyun's lips. "a lot different from here. i grew up in connecticut, though. it's pretty quiet there."

"i get that. when i tell people i was born in the uk, they assume i mean the city. my family was in the quiet part, too."

jaehyun raised a brow. "you don't have an accent, though."

"i do when i speak in english," tilly said in english, her british accept faint but noticeable. especially to someone who grew up surrounded by american accents.

"you know," jaehyun began in a somewhat mischievous voice. "i can do a pretty good british accent."

he then proceeded to say "tea and crumpets," and tilly laughed. she couldn't help it. his accent wasn't that bad, but it definitely wasn't great. it was better than mark's though, she'd give him that.

settling down, the girl tucked her bright orange hair behind both ears and smiled down at her co-worker. she wanted to keep the conversation going, but she wasn't sure what else to say. thankfully, jaehyun filled in for her.

"what do you like to do outside of work? i feel like we don't really talk that much."

tilly hummed as she thought of how to respond. it didn't take long for her to say, "when i'm not with my daughter, i like to post self-help advice online. self-help and other stuff like skin care tips and positive thinking practices."