Here it is

It was another day in Heorot. Beowulf Callenreese was in his office trying to locate one of the slipperiest criminals he has come across, Grendel Mortmain. Beowulf is a 26 year old with a sharp jawline, high cheekbones, soft emerald green eyes that can become like ice at a moment's notice, and platinum blonde hair that has a tendency to fall into his eyes. Grendel is a 27 year old with soft facial features, with black eyes, long black hair, typically tied with a long red ribbon, usually draped over his left shoulder, and is often mistaken for a woman because he looks so feminine.

Beowulf has been searching for Grendel for months. However, every time he seems close to nailing down where Grendel was currently hiding he seemed to know and moved his base of operations. It was 10 years ago that he had first met Grendel. His twin brother, Aslan, had decided it was time to introduce Beowulf to his boyfriend.

Aslan walks in and heads to the living room knowing his twin would be there, watching NCIS: Los Angeles.

"Beowulf, I would like you to meet my boyfriend, Grendel Mortmain. Grendel this is my little brother Beowulf," Aslan says introducing the two.

"It's so nice to finally meet you, Beowulf. Aslan has told me all about you," Grendel says, shaking Beowulf's hand.

"Likewise, Grendel," Beowulf replies. "Hey, did you know that your name when translated from French actually means 'hand of death' or more accurately 'death hand.'"

"Yes, I actually did. I changed my name legally about 5 months ago."

"Why did you choose Mortmain?"

"I wanted something that described me. Grendel is actually derived from the Old English word gryndal meaning 'fierce' or 'angry.'"

"Well as much as I would like to let you talk about name origins and other interesting things like that, me and Grendel really need to get going if we're going to make it to the movie on time," Aslan says, drawing the attention of both boys.

"Of course, don't let me keep you from your date. It was a pleasure meeting you, Grendel," Beowulf says.

"It was a pleasure meeting you too, Beowulf. This seems like the start of a wonderful friendship," Grendel replies.

For the next few months everything seems fine. Beowulf and Grendel end up being great friends. Aslan and Grendel are almost inseparable, you rarely see one without the other. Then one day...

"What do you mean my brother is dead?!" Beowulf shouts at the officer, unable to process the facts that they were telling him.

"I'm sorry. He was found in an alley about five blocks from here. It appears he was attacked and that there was a struggle. There was writing on the wall saying 'this is the first victim of the fierce hand of death.' Does that mean anything to you?" the officer questions.

"Yeah, actually, it does. That is the translation of my brother's boyfriend's name. His name is Grendel Mortmain. Grendel is derived from the Old English word gryndal which means 'fierce' or 'angry.' Mortmain, when translated from French means "hand of death," Beowulf informed the officer.

"Really? Well, we'll look into that," the officer replied.

"Alright. I hope you find whoever killed him."

Years passed and the officers were never able to find Grendel, though more and more bodies popped up each with a message counting how many he had killed so far. Beowulf, determined to find his brother's murderer, throws himself into his studies at school and at home he searches for any clues that might lead to Grendel's whereabouts. The news had taken to calling Grendel "the killer of men" or "the killer in the shadows." Beowulf ended up graduating top of his class in everything and becoming one of the youngest detectives ever in the Heorot Police Department.