Prologue: The Favor

Third Person POV

???: "Hyoudou, you really gotta stop doing this"

It was a bright daytime, with the sun casting its warm rays through a window, illuminating a cozy room where two individuals were seated at a table, facing each other.

The first person was a bespectacled young woman, exuding an air of intelligence and grace. She possessed a slender figure, complemented by her sleek black hair styled in a chic bob cut. Her captivating violet eyes were accentuated by a pair of stylish glasses.

Seated across from her was a teenage boy who had been a source of constant frustration for her over the past week

Seated across from her was a teenage boy who had been a source of constant frustration for her over the past week. Despite his average stature, his short spiky brown hair added a touch of energy to his appearance. Two distinct locks of hair framed his head, lending him a distinct charm. His light brown eyes displayed a mixture of mischief and curiosity.

 His light brown eyes displayed a mixture of mischief and curiosity

The boy sighed.

Boy: "Stop being such a stick in the mud, Prez"

Hearing this caused the girl to raise her eyebrow in both confusion and slight anger.

Girl: "Excuse me why do you think I'm a stick in the mud? your the one at fault here, Hyoudou!"

The boy's name was Issei Hyoudou, an ordinary high-school student with no particularly remarkable qualities. He resided in a quaint town called Kuoh, located at a considerable distance from Tokyo. Though not densely populated, Kuoh boasted a few notable landmarks.

One such place was the town's plaza, a bustling hub surrounded by a multitude of restaurants, shopping malls, and a grand clock tower at its center. It served as a gathering spot for locals and visitors alike.

Kuoh also boasted a picturesque park adorned with lush trees, verdant grassy fields, and serene ponds teeming with various creatures such as ducks, fish, and other aquatic life.

In addition, there was another park featuring a small playground equipped with slides, chin-up bars, swings, benches, and everything a child could enjoy.