30: The Raft Rescue

PETER MAXIMOFF (9-6-6)

I sat in a cell, green lights blaring above me. Somehow, they rendered my mutation non-functional, so there was no way for me to escape. I'd already tried the door, and the walls were made of solid steel that had to be at least a foot thick, so there was no way I'd be able to break through.

I thought about what had landed me here. I'd just been running and doing nothing illegal (unless there was some law in this world about running faster than the road's speed limit) when suddenly, some green light had blared over me like a beam from a spaceship. My speed had completely left me, and people in full tactical gear had come and grabbed me, before bringing me here.

I looked over to the glass window, and saw a few people looking at me, clipboards in their hands. Every now and then they'd jot something down and then continue to watch me. I'd refused to give them my name when they'd asked, and also ignored their questions about where I'd come from, what my abilities were, etc, etc.

I wondered if Y/n and Peter P would come for me. Would this weird light affect their powers the way it affected mine, or was it specifically for mutants? But how would they have known that I was a mutant, if I was from an entirely different world? Unless there were mutants in this world, and Y/n and Peter P just didn't know about them...

A loud noise jolted me from my thoughts. Three of the guards left the room outside mine to investigate, leaving the clipboard-people alone with me, and two other guards. They looked around at each other curiously, obviously wondering the same thing as I was. What had that noise been?

The lights went out with a powering down sound, and one of the clipboard-people cried out in alarm. I felt my speed come back, the green lights no longer there to suppress them. The doors to the room outside mine opened, revealing two figures. One of them, clad in red and blue, round-house kicked the closest guard in the face, while the second disappeared, before reappearing beside the second guard and taking them down with ease. The clipboard-people backed away, but Y/n and Peter P paid them no attention as the former punched a security code into the keypad beside the door, and the cell unlocked.

"You guys have weird ways to welcome new people into your universe," I joked as I stepped out.

Y/n rolled her eyes and held out her hands, one to Peter P, and one to me. Before I could grab her hand, red magic encased her and she was thrown across the room and into the opposite wall. Peter P yelled her name and she started to rise, but then her eyes began to glow red. Out of the shadows stepped the woman we'd seen in my world, her eyes on Y/n. Red magic encased me and Peter P before I had the chance to run to her, and the unknown woman grabbed the back of Y/n's head. Y/n held out a hand, as if in a trance, and a portal appeared, like a rip in the world. The witch shoved her through the portal, and stepped after her. Her magic disappeared, and before I could even think, Peter P had run after them through the portal, which closed behind him.

As I tried to process what the fuck had just happened, an array of people entered the room, all wearing different kinds of superhero suits. One of them was in a robotic-looking suit, and as soon as he saw me, he stalked over menacingly.

"You're Peter Maximoff?" he inquired. After I nodded, he demanded, "Where is she? Where is Y/n?"

"There — there was a portal," I said, still dazed. "Some crazy witch took her through—"

I stopped talking as I spotted the crazy witch in question among the newcomers. She did not wear a blackened suit like the other one, nor did she have that strange looking crown or decayed-looking fingertips.

"It was her," I said anyway, pointing at her. "She took Y/n. Or, some variant of her did."

"Where?" the metal man pleaded.

I shrugged my shoulders helplessly. "I have no idea."

WORDS: 0.7K

NOTES: The next few chapters r kinda short because there's some pov switches lol anyways enjoy i've decided to upload the whole story