Chapter 4

Bri-elle Carter's POV

Walking into my room I finally got a chance to see just how awful it looked. I had to be taking cautious steps over pieces glass to pick up pillows that fell and my chair that turned over.

I made my way to my personal bathroom yes I had one daddy made sure when he built this house my room was perfect, I also had a walking closet.

I stood infront of the mirror looking at just how bad my face looked there were scrapes alone both sides of my face, a cut right above my eyebrow, my lip busted and my eye almost swollen shut remembering the thump he gave me in my stomach I lifted my shirt to see a bruise along my rib "A long time me seh me fi come out a the lady house inno" I hissed.

I decided to just take a shower instead of just washing my face I used my coconut scented body wash to clean all the blood off my skin once I was finished I got dressed in a grey sweatpants and a blue sweater.

I packed all my school supplies first since the are too expensive to replace then packed most of my clothes all of my shoes and make up to cover the bruises.

"Princess yuh ready?" Daddy peeped through the door

"Yes daddy, mi jus a tek up mi laptop"

"Gi me yuh other bag dem mek me put dem inn the car" he said while taking up two of my bags.

Walking into the living room I saw my mother curled up on the couch staring at the wall. I feel sorry for her even tho she was awful to me she is still my mother.

"Bye mommy" I stood infront of her hoping she would apologies but all she did was roll her eyes and hiss her teeth.

"Likkle girl don't talk to me cause from the day yuh born yah fuck up mi life" she sat up and said with hatred in her voice.

"Oh ok bye" Me nah mek weh she seh affect me no more so me ago come out a her way and go live my maddest life.

"Daddy mi ready" I made my way inside the passenger side of the car

"We ago stop a KFC and get yuh something fi eat" he a said as the others got in their vehicles and we drove off.

*
*
*
*
*
*
*

📍Cherry Gardens,St Andrew
7:45pm

We pull up to my dad's three story house and to how long I have not been here I forgot how big it was.

The third floor was strictly prohibited since he uses it for work the first floor him and his new family live on so that leaves the second floor for me.

He got re-married just like my mother his wife's name is Natalie and they have a daughter Natalia who is 14, me have nuff annoying likkle cousin inno but yuh see she, she mek me wah kick her two time.

I made my way upstairs and found the room with the most space and claimed it as mine.

The room was painted white, the bed was black with grey sheets,black furniture and the walk-in closet was a little bigger than the one back home and the bathroom was alot bigger.

I placed the bag with all my school supplies atop of the desk that was in the right corner and went to get the rest of my bags.

I thought my day couldn't get any worse but I just had to run into Satan's spawn.

"What are you doing here" Natalia spoke with her uptown accent and jus cause me torment "I'm coming to steal your life" I said and continued walking towards outside with a smile on my face.