1.

i fucking hate this app sm.

I stepped out of the helicopter and looked around the area, kids, people, pests, they're all the same. i wanna go home to velvet. mom nudged me forward causing me to stumble slightly "go make some new friends. i'm sure Jun's here. go give her a hug" my mom urged with a sweet tone. gods how i hated her voice when she faked being nice. i rolled my eyes and walked toward Jun, she was messing around with tarot cards, i got on the crate and sat behind her, he leaned back onto my back and i did the same. comfortable silence as we both relaxed, i got out my phone and started playing around quietly with headphones in.

time had passed and i hadn't realized there was a blonde boy here now until he waved his hand in my face, i took out a earbud and looked over slightly annoyed. he looked a little startled but before he could say anything i spoke first "do you need something?" I asked raising an eyebrow "he just wants to know who you are." jun said from behind me "k. my names y/n l/n, nice to meet you i guess." i said calmly before turning back to my phone "wa- don't you want to know who i am?" the blonde boy asked a bit surprised "nope, don't care." i said calmly before Jun hit me with her elbow "ack- alright alright, ow. what's your name blondie?" i asked sitting up straight and turning to him "Tom, Tom kullerson." he said proudly "Jun's friend? that jumped into-" i got cut off "yeah" he groaned. i chuckled "i woulda done the same, don't worry" i said, he smiled. "so.. uh. where's this orientation thing supposed to happen?" he asked us and i shrugged before Jun could answer Phil's voice came up "it'll be in the ICARIS Visitor's center." he said as he walked over, hands behind his back. he stopped in front of us "we'll be heading there once the other students arrive." he added in a quieter voice, calmer. i smiled at him and shot a small smile to me before it disappeared. D'angelo ran over, Phil's son "i'm here pops! and i am.." a beeping came from his watch "on time!" he said proudly, turning it off. i waved to D'angelo and he waved back "we're still waiting on one more teen." phil said turning to Tom "uh- pops?" D'angelo spoke up, getting Phil's attention before Phil looked back and quickly slid away "woah! where'd you come from?" he asked surprised. i chuckled as the girl hid her face behind her tablet and slowly side stepped away "alright. everyone, close order on my son here." Phil said looking down on us. D'angelo stood up tall and i got down from the crate and stood on the left side of Tom while the others looked confused. phil sighed, i chuckled at his annoyance "that means shoulder to shoulder! move!" he ordered causing the others to get up into a line. Phil calmed down a bit "okay, we have D'angelo baker." he started off, D'angelo raised his hand up high "here! i mean-" he lowered his hand halfway "you already knew that" he said in a quieter tone, he put his hand down "Jun Wong." phil read the next name "present in this dimensional timeline" she said making a line gesture with her fingers. phil made a face at her "i'm here, too, phil." Jun said raising her hand up slightly like D'angelo. Phil clicked her off and she put her hand down "Tom Kullerson" phil turned to Tom "yep! i am also here." he said slightly raising his hand before putting it down "Alex Gonzalez" phil read off, Alex rose her hand but no noise came out. i turned my head toward her, a bit confused. she put her hand back on her tablet "sorry, what was that?" phil asked confused, Alex looked a little scared "here" she said softly and quietly, Phil cupped his ear and leaned in "i can't hear you" he said "maybe it's your old age catching up to you" i muttered, phil side eyed me "she said 'here'." Tom answered for Alex, Phil looked at Tom for a moment before standing up straight and checked off Alex. Tom and alex glanced at each other, Alex giving him a grateful smile and Tom returning it with a kind smile. Phil sighed as he read my name "i don't have to call you out, i know you're here, y/n." phil looked at me then turned away "mean." i murmured "what was that?" phil turned to me again "nothing." i innocently smiled before phil rolled his eyes and turned back around "okay." he began to walk "for those of you who don't know, in security chief phillip baker. welcome to project ICARIS." he said as he stopped and turned to us all, a helicopter flew in the background. "international crevasse and researcher investigation station. your safety orientation, starts now." phil started a timer and began to walk, we began to trail behind in a line, i was in the very back since it was two per row. i put my music in one ear "your names kullerson? like, named after the fissure?" D'angelo asks interested "actually it's named after my mom. she figured out the comet would tear it open." Tom responded calmly as if it was nothing "yo! that is crazy!" D'angelo said excitedly "so you're famous?" he added "more like infamous." Jun butted in, i looked at her confused "he climbed into a polar bear habitat when he was 5 made the local news." Jun said smirking slightly "in my defense, the best looked lonely." Tom retorted quickly "oh. man, polar bears might look cute but they can be very aggressive." D'angelo said a tad concerned "nah. he just needed a friend" Tom said trying to be cool i rolled my eyes and before i could speak up phil spoke "alright everybody, simmer down. except you, you're fine." phil looked at Alex then to me "i like my elevator rides quiet." the elevator beeped behind him and the door opened as he turned around and went inside. we follows behind and got into the elevator.