°°•□■Chapter 2■□•°°

Upstairs, in one of the cells we find Ethan, wearing a white tank top (now grey, due to continuous use) and a pair of black trousers with equally black shoes, seeming to be the only one awake, is throwing a piece of brick or concrete that was once part of the wall, against another wall that unlike the others has a window. This wall is placed directly in front of the bed after it finishes. By making sure he throws the "ball" at the right angle and speed, and using the window to his advantage, it always comes back into his hand. Ethan does all this while lying on the bed, leaning on his other arm (the one he doesn't use to throw the ball) as a pillow on the metal headboard of the bed.

All this action, which has become a habit after about three months, is interrupted when the alarm of the prison started ringing unexpectedly. To be fair, it was in the middle of the night so, it was to be expected that Ethan would stop his little nighttime activity so that he could focus for a second and figure out if the incident was just a bad joke by the Russian guards, or there was an intention behind this action. Thinking about it for a moment, Ethan concluded that the alarm must have started for a specific reason, because he doubted it was just Russian guards in the mood to play a prank on the prisoners. Deciding to ignore the constant ringing of the alarm, he continued his nighttime activity and started thinking.

He began to think of his niece, or rather his daughter since he had adopted her a few years ago with her permission, of course. Her surname now is no longer her father's (Russi), but Ethan's (Hunt). Now, he knew that by giving her his last name, she would be in even greater danger than she already was. But both were, and still are, willing to pay that price though. Now that he thinks about it, he couldn't imagine a life without his daughter. And to think that he left her alone in that little house on the mountain for more than three months, just because he had accepted an IMF mission that he didn't even have to do, makes him feel bad and guilty. All in all, he feels because of this.

Then he wonders how she is right now. Obviously unaware of the fact that she is part of the rescue mission and that in a while he will be able to see her and get a general picture of her state himself. Surely Benji, or Luther, must have told her that he had ended up in prison, even if it meant just telling her a little part of the general information, without the reason of why he even ended up there.

He only snaps out of his daze when the door to his cell opens with a slight click.

Hearing the commotion downstairs the people in the same floor as Ethan, all wake up and go to the cell door trying to see what's happening. Only when a song from Dean Martin:" Ain't that a kick in the head" starts playing through the speakers, Ethan, in his own cell stops his movements once more. This time though he doesn't just stop, he also stands up and moves towards the entrance of the cell, shoving the piece of concrete in its respective hole before walking out.

Once outside, he looks to his right, where the security door is, just so he doesn't see anyone. Not even a guard.

Seeing that Ethan made it out of the cell, Benji and Sara have no choice but to wait until he understands the message, they are traying to give him. Hoping he wouldn't take to long, because once the song is finished, he must be out of there. And technically speaking Ethan should already be aware what this song means.

Resting his hands on the railing, which is in front of the cell, he pauses and thinks about the options he has at the moment. The first option is to simply ignore what happened, to go back to his cell and hope that someone will release him sooner or later, the second option is to follow his gut feeling and hoping he's right and the third option.... Well, there isn't really a third option.

After a moment of reflection, he decides to choose the second option. Gathering strength in his arms, he makes a feline leap over the railing trying to slow his fall with his arms and eventually  land downstairs in a crouching position resting his hands on the wall so that he does not bang his body against it. At the same time asEthan gets up, Sara through the computer, opens the security door to his right.