Chapter 2

She shoveled down her breakfast quickly. She had gotten up on time but choosing the right outfit had taken longer since she doesn't usually care about such things. Her wardrobe was filled with all light colors, loose-fitting button-down shirts, and various styles of pants and skirts. She has chosen a lilac blouse today with white open-legend trousers. Decent enough and the material will definitely not show sweat.

She had spent a major part of the previous night self-counseling and giving herself a pep talk on how to deal with the issue ahead. 

Issue? Was it? 

It seemed so for now. She was embarrassed of him because he had witnessed her in the most flabbergasted state she had ever been at work. Not just that, he had given her a good tip which she, a manager to a star, should've already known.

"He probably wouldn't choose me as his manager, considering I looked very, very incompetent yesterday", this was her best reasoning otherwise, his smile had creeped the hell out of her after the meeting.

" He was probably just having fun, he will not pick me after hearing me swear like that, yes he won't," she took a deep breath to calm her nerves and downed the rest of her coffee.

She was getting jitters just for going to work. She loved her job, her desk, her colleagues. It was all so familiar and comfortable. It was all about to change now and she did not feel too excited. Sure, the money would be great but still. It was too much hustle for her liking.

"Maybe I'll quit after a while, look for other opportunities". Yes, that was it. "I will switch if he bothers me too much". The final thought comforted her and she left for work in a better mood.

He was waiting for her. Obviously! He had so much fun looking at her as she ran out of the meeting room in the end. It was a little odd too. Usually, women ran toward him, not away. And the rest of the managers looked pretty excited to have been promoted and be able to work with their group. They were famous and making good money. Then what was her problem?

"Well, I guess I will find it out!". He had spent a good hour before bed the previous night, looking at her file. Graduated with good grades, has significant experience with the company, nothing bad on the records, a pretty face. They were all great so why did she look so unhappy? And what was with all those weird names she called herself? He laughed at that. He had never heard such words before.

He kept wondering and had no answer. The smart decision would've been to let her be. But he needed some fun with the exhausting routine. He had to choose her. But not before he scared a little bit more. The devilish smile was back on his face.

The team meeting was taking place on the 7th floor. The whole roof was designated to their team. Her new office was also supposed to be there. She made her way to the top. The lift was full at first but slowly people filtered out.

"How would you like to be mine?", She almost jumped out of her skin. She turned and saw that it was him, looking all casual with his tee and hoodie. She quickly composed herself for she had prepared herself for frequent encounters with him from now on. "S-sorry, can you please repeat what you just said", The sly smile was back on his lips. He had seen her get on the lift on the ground floor and knew they would be the last two in there before getting off. He was happy he got the opportunity to start the fun a little early. It was like the universe wanted him to mess with her a little.

She turned to face him, gave a questioning look.

"Would you like to be my manager," He couldn't repeat what he had said earlier with her staring at him with all this seriousness.

"That would be amazing", she just couldn't, absolutely could not tell him no in this closed space with him towering a foot over her head.

He was taken aback. He was sure she would try to get out of it and he would have to just trap her into it but she..... Agreed? With a smile? What in the world?

The air in the lift felt heavy. He took a deep breath and looked at her back, she had turned away again. 

She got out at their floor and he followed suit. The team lead was waiting near the entrance.

"Ah, here is my star pair," he beamed at them. "I have heard nothing but good words about your professionalism," the team lead said to her. "I am so glad that Rowoon decided to work with you. It will be a great match. You will be able to handle his flashy personality with your calm and centered nature." He was almost giddy with excitement.

"Now, let me show you to your new office, you will have an adjoining office with his makeup room to manage your time better, or you will be running back and forth," He said to her. "He takes a lot of time in the makeup," he made a show of being secretive with loud whispering, "So you will have to be responsible to get him to places on time".

Why would the manager out me like that in front of her, he was smiling but he felt weirdly nervous. "Let me show you the office," The team lead, walked her to a room and he followed.

"I will let you two get familiar and I'll be sending you his schedule and important notes". She thanked him and looked around the office. It was certainly a lot bigger than her cubicle but the only person she had for company was him.

He stood in a corner with his hands in his pockets just looking at her looking at the room.

"So you're calm and centered?", he chuckled. "Guess the team lead doesn't know you so well."

He did not plan to bring it up but he was very disappointed at the lost opportunity of messing with her, he wasn't planning to let her go easily.

She sighed. It was expected. She knew the topic would turn up sooner or later. She decided to not indulge in any talk other than work related stuff.

"Please have a seat." She asked him and sat down at her desk looking over at her tablet.

He sat down, almost mesmerized by her calmness. Was she really the same woman he had seen yesterday? She gave her a deep gaze. She had the same ponytail and seemed to have chosen her clothes with more thought today. What he hadn't noticed before was her bottle-green eyes. That's when she looked at him after noticing his gaze. "Are there any specific things I must be aware of as your manager? As in, any allergies or stalkers or weird quirks?" What was she even saying, he couldn't focus. When she didn't receive an answer, she asked again," I need to be prepared beforehand".

"Huh? Uh, No." He now understood where all of his nervousness was stemming from, those eyes.