Snow is dead. 

The districts had won. Alma Coin is now our president, she had her mockingjay, we had nothing. Coin was to announce to the whole of Panem that Snow was dead, and that they had won. But, have they really? That was something I couldn't help but wonder. The whole of Panem had lost everything, houses ,families , jobs, the list went on. The Capitol looked worse then ever, People were starving, with the districts not supplying for the Capitol, it went back to the Dark Days. 

I joined my older sister, Malia, in the living room above our once shining furniture shop. During the war, we lost business, and my Father became an unpopular Peacekeeper in District 8 to obtain money. My Mother went back to work at her old job, before they inherited the shop. She was a nurse in the local hospital, but when my grandmother died she went to take care of the furniture shop, that was 3 Years ago. Coin was broadcasting to everyone in Panem at 17:00 sharp. The clock read 16:55. Malia and I started talking, we guessed on what Coin was going to say. Malia put on her most militarian-style voice, and mockingly said "Panem, today I address that Snow is deceased and I, Alma Coin, make myself president of Panem." I laughed. While Snow was a horrible man, it all had routine, and it didn't affect me. With Coin, she was a change and i had every reason to hate her, she destroyed my home. ''we better turn on the TV, our new president is waiting." 

The TV showed the image of the rebellion, Malia and I both scoffed. Mother came in, and sat next to us on the run-down Burgundy sofa that we stole from downstairs. The mockingjay whistle came on, shortly followed by the mockingjay herself, sitting on the familiar balcony Snow was executed under, Shortly followed by Coin, who stood. The stands were  filled with people of the Rebellion, Coins followers. They ruined my home. I don't like them. 

Coin started talking:

''good evening Panem, wherever you may be. I thank you for your support during the War to abolish Snow. I am here to announce that, Coriolanus Snow is dead. And I, Alma Coin is the new President of Panem. To the Districts, Without you, Snow would still be here, so I thank you for your endless support. Now, I speak directly to the Capitol. The victors and I have voted, and we have come to the conclusion that we hold a symbolic Hunger Games, With your Children. The districts have united, and It will be held where The 3rd Quarter Quell was held. With some changes. This year, there will be 26 tributes, They will be chosen by the districts, 2 per district. These names will be chosen tomorrow. That is all I announce for now. May the odds be ever in your favour. ''

I look over at My Mother and Malia. Malia is 19, meaning she wont get chosen. I'm 15. I get up and storm downstairs, I grab my bright yellow high-heels that didn't stand out in the capitol, shove them on, and go out to the only place I could think of, The square. It was a good 25 minute walk, nothing would be open at 17:00 on a Sunday, so it would be empty. The amount of respect I had just lost for the Victors was irremeable. They went through the those games, What were they thinking? I walked and just kept thinking. There is a chance that I could be in the arena this time in 2 weeks.  I tried not to think about it. Besides, It may not be me. Hopefully District 8 don't know about me.

 I arrived at the square and sat on a deserted bench, I looked around, the square dead. I looked behind me, and behind me stood the academy. I was in my 4th year at the academy, the Dean is close to my father, so I had no issue getting in. I turned back round and I realised how  irrational I was acting, I hadn't even been chosen yet for Christ sake.