Chapter 3: In Which Can Feels Betrayed

That evening, Can stormed into his home, his eyes blazing with anger as he sought out Emre. He found his brother lounging in the living room, seemingly relaxed and unaware of the storm brewing inside Can.

"Emre, please come with me." Can snapped as he stepped out into the back garden.

Puzzled about his brother's ire, Emre followed him outside.

"Did you know that Sanem signed her perfume formula over to Fabri?!" he bellowed, his fists clenched at his sides.

Emre's eyes widened in shock, and he swallowed hard before admitting, "Yes, I knew."

"Damn it, Emre!" Can roared, pacing the room like a caged lion

"Damn it, Emre!" Can roared, pacing the room like a caged lion. "How could you not tell me something so important?!"

"Can, I didn't want to cause any more trouble between you two," Emre tried to explain, his voice wavering under Can's fiery gaze.

"Trouble?!" Can scoffed, his voice dripping with contempt. "This isn't just 'trouble,' Emre. This is betrayal."

Just inside the doorway, Huma hid, listening intently, her lips curling into a cruel smile as she eavesdropped on the brothers' heated argument. She revelled in Can's anger towards Sanem, convinced that this would finally be the end of their relationship.

"Polen," Huma whispered into her phone, "you need to get here immediately. It seems our dear Sanem has made quite a mess of things, and Can could use your comforting presence."

"Really?" Polen replied, her voice dripping with false concern

"Really?" Polen replied, her voice dripping with false concern. "I'll be there as soon as I can."

As Can continued to berate Emre for his part in Sanem's deception, the atmosphere in the tastefully furnished home grew increasingly tense. The vibrant colours of the flowers lining the fence seemed to dull in the shadow of the brothers' conflict, and the once tranquil space became a battleground.

"Can, please try to understand why Sanem did what she did," Emre pleaded, his voice barely audible over Can's heavy breathing. "She was trying to protect you, the agency and everyone who works there."

"By betraying me?!" Can spat back, his eyes dark with fury.

"Maybe she didn't have a choice," Emre argued weakly, knowing that his words held little weight against Can's anger.