- 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 29. 𝚜𝚊𝚌𝚛𝚒𝚏𝚒𝚌𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚜𝚊𝚕𝚟𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗

- Sir, we'll run out of energy before we break through the armor, - said J.A.R.V.I.S.

Hearing this, Tony stopped firing at the huge monster and sped up. After flying a couple of blocks of streets, this creature remained on his tail.

- J.A.R.V.I.S, have you heard the parable of Jonah? - Stark asked.

- This is not the best example to follow, - answered the artificial intelligence.

After these words, the iron man turned to the monster and headed towards him. Flying into the middle, he destroyed this Chitauri from the inside. The giant exploded and Tony was thrown aside by the blast wave. He landed on the ground with a very hard landing. As soon as he was able to get up, the other Chitauri started shooting at him.

- Sir, Sarah Byers is calling.

- Damn, she's not on time at all, - answered Anthony, fighting off the aliens, - okay, pick up the phone.

- Yes, - said J.A.R.V.I.S.

- Hello Tony? - a female voice was heard on the other end of the receiver.

- Yes hello, - he said, shooting at the monster, thereby creating a noise.

- Where are you, why can't I hear you well and some kind of noise?

- Well, you know... I'm at work, killing all kinds of evil creatures.

- God, there is something terrible happening on the street! Is Haley with you? Why is she not answering her calls?

- Hmm, how can tell you... - the man hesitated.

- Now wait, they are showing something on the news, - she answered, taking the remote control to increase the volume.

- The streets of New York have turned into a battlefield, - the correspondent said, - the army is trying to contain the violence, but there are too many enemies. I have to admit that in all my years of working as a reporter, I have never seen anything like this. But another strange thing, people from all over Manhattan and beyond, go to the Stark tower and kneel down, shouting some words of glory, - the camera zoomed to the top of the tower, Hayley was visible on it, - this girl did something to them.

- Haley?.. - the woman said confusedly, dropping the remote from her hands, - what are you doing there?

- Hello Sara, are you still in touch? - was heard from the phone.

She picked him up.

- What did you do with her?! Why is she all over the news and everyone says that she did something to people? I knew that you cannot be trusted with child!

- Calm down, please! - said the man, shouting over her, - I will explain everything to you, but later. Everything will be fine with Hayley, see you in touch, - saying this, he hung up.

- Tony! Stark? - Sara shouted into the phone, but realizing that he challenged, she turned off the phone and sat down on the couch.

****

- MJ, did you just see the news? - asked Steve, calling the girl.

- Yes... it's just terrible, I still can't come to my senses. If we didn't have enough of these monsters, then there's Haley, - replied Jones.

- The worst thing is that we can't help! I walk all over the house without finding a place for myself. Why did I let her go to this Stark for the holidays?.. - said Harrington, reproaching himself.

- Stop being hysterical! You are not guilty, you hear? No one knew that it would happen like this, and you know Haley, she does as she knows and wants, - Michelle began to calm him down, - we can only wait and hope..