Part 1

A small Goetia owl prince roamed the palace halls with pure curiosity as he admired all the detailed work of each and every royal artifact. He absolutely loved to study and analyze things. He was always eager to learn.

Then, at the end of the hall, he saw a familiar tall figure.

"Father!~" the small owl called out and ran up to the powerful Goetia, wrapping his little arms around the end of his cloak.

Paimon did not appear enthused as he pushed away the small owl and went about with his day.

Stolas's eyes teared up as he watched his father walked off.

Until a pair of hands scooped him up from behind, "There's my Moonbeam!~" his mother, Queen Octavia spoke sweetly as she cradled him.

"Mommy!~" little Stolas hooted happily as he hugged her.

"I was wondering where you'd run off to. My mischievous little one.~" his mother said as she nuzzled his neck affectionately, causing him to squeal and giggle in her arms, "Nonono!~ Hehehahaha!!~"

Queen Octavia's duty was to study the stars and foretell prophecies. As well as produce heirs for Paimon.

Unfortunately, Queen Octavia developed infertility after having Stolas. So, she was unable to produce any more heirs. Paimon quickly lost interest in her and moved on to another royal who could produce more heirs for him.

Octavia didn't mind, though. She was genuinely happy with her life. Studying her Grimoire and taking care of her little owl.

Most nights, she stayed in Stolas's room upon his request. She'd even create an illusory projection of the cosmos above his bed at night and tell him stories to help him drift off to sleep.

Queen Octavia was not like the rest of the Goetia family. She couldn't care less about things such as tea parties and appearing always so elegant and formal. She was always simply being herself, as naturally graceful as she was.

And always showed the imp butlers and other beings pure kindest and respect. She even befriended some of them.

Aside from her royal duties, being a mother is something she cherished the most. Being with her son and teaching him as many things as she could brought her endless joy. And the same went for him.

Then, one day, Queen Octavia had become extremely ill. One of the butlers called for a doctor to come to the palace and examine her. Stolas wasn't allowed in the same room while the doctor was there, so he simply sat outside the door the whole time.

Finally, the doctor opened the door and left. The butler allowed Stolas in and showed him to his mother, who was lying in bed with a cold clothe on her forehead.

"There's my Moonbeam.~" Octavia said with a weak smile as she reached for the small owl.

"Mother, what is it. . .? What's wrong?" Stolas asked worryingly.

"I'm just a bit sick, darling. . ." his mother answered with a cough, "But it's not contagious. . . I should be better in no time. . ." she reassured the little owl.

But as weeks and weeks went by, she didn't get better. In fact, she only got worse and worse. She couldn't even hardly stand on her own.

After so long, the butlers called the doctor once again, and he pronounced that Octavia had a deadly illness for which there was no cure. She had a matter of days before her time was up. Once Stolas learned the news, he stayed by his mother's side day and night.

Queen Octavia softly rubbed the small owl's feathered cheek as he cried, "Don't lose that tender smile, Moonbeam. . . For I am always with you. . ."

Stolas snuggled into her arms one last time before she peacefully passed on. The small owl couldn't help but wholeheartedly sob as she took her final breath.