Driftmark

Aemma stands with her arms around her sons as Helaena stands next to her as they stand slightly in front of Aemond who is looking at the ground and Aegon who is bored as he looks his wife over with lust in his eyes. Aemma looks over at her mother and brothers with longing eyes as she stands dressed in dark green per Alicent's request as Rhaenyra looks back at her with sad eyes both of them regretting the last conversation they had had which had been made from anger, hurt, loathing and sadness.

She does not listen to Ser Vaemond just watching her mother and brothers until she looks down at her baby who starts to cry and is quickly taken from her arms though she does not wish him to be taken from her.

Aemma was aware of Lord Corlys' stare knowing that she was being watched because she was to be the next Queen through her own right or as a Consort she was to be the Queen. A Velaryon Queen. The First. History does not remember blood. It remembers names.

Aemma moves uncomfortably as she pulls at the sleeves making Ser Criston look at her worried. He had grown to love the Princess he served as a sister growing very protective of her.

'Are you alright, Princess' Ser Criston asks with a worried touch to her arm. Aemma turns a confused and questioning face to the knight who knows she did not hear him so he re asks the question.

"Of course. I always am" Aemma smiles ironically revealing a bruise as she lifts a hand to hold hair out of her face as she bites her nail beds unconsciously. Which makes Criston sigh with sadness and worry as he pulls her hand away from her face.

She looks at him questioningly which he replies with "I cannot let you loose your hands"

Ser Criston smiles at Aemma who smiles back faintly before she puts her head into his shoulder suddenly light headed and tired.

"Princess?" The knight asks worried

"Can you take me to my room? I am so tired"

"Of course" everyone watches as the Cole knight helps the Princess out of the courtyard as she yawns with her head on his shoulder. They walk together until he lifts her into his arms as they walk out of the courtyard.

Criston walks her to her chamber and lays her on the bed before leaving her alone to stand outside the chamber doors with a hand on his sword, his eyes looking everywhere around the hallway.

As the night grows darker he has to stop himself from killing Aegon as he stumbles drunk into his wife's chamber. But Criston was sworn to protect the family from outsiders, not from other Royals.

Aemma looks around when she hears the door open and her heart falls when Aegon stumbles into the chamber, obviously very deep into his cups with another in his hand which he is drinking from as he stumbles deeper into the room.

"Wife" he slurs "Undress yourself"

"Aegon-"

"Aemma" he mocks back as he stumbles to the bed and undresses himself waiting and watching as Aemma slowly joins him and lays on her back looking up as he rolls on top of her and starts to use her for his pleasure groaning into her ear as she winces.