Chapter 4

As they walked into the house, a person greeted them.
"Hi Kylin! Oh, who are your friends?" A tall woman greeted them. She had long blonde hair and green eyes just like Kylin. She had very long eyelashes. She was wearing light makeup. Lake was trying to find out if she was his sister or his mom.
"Evelyn, you already know who Otto is!"

"No, the other one," Evelyn smiled sympathetically. She had a very soft, calming, voice to complement her appearance.
"Oh, this is Lake," Kylin replied. "She's from the meetings."
"It's nice to meet you Lake! I'm Kylin's older sister." Lake waved at her.
"So Evelyn, us three are going to study." Otto stated.
"Are you sure you're actually studying this time?" Evelyn questioned. "Whenever I check on you, you seem to be doing anything but studying."
"Yes. That's why I brought Lake to stop Kylin messing around." Kylin seemed like he was about to cut in. However, Otto grabbed his arm and dragged him to his room. Lake followed from behind and saw Evelyn laugh gingerly to herself.
They arrive at his room and Otto pulls out a phone and chromebook that had two word documents open on them. He put them in front of the three of them and began to explain,
"These are summaries of the two books I choose. Read these very carefully and then we can start." Kylin nodded and started to read. Otto handed the phone to Lake. Lake began to read the summaries. They were very well written and seemed to have a lot of work put into them. Otto's phone began to ring in Lake's hand. Otto grabbed it out of Lake's hand and answered.
"Hello?...Yeah, I'm at Kylin's house. Ugh, you're being dramatic...fine i'm coming..." Otto groaned and picked up his bag. He handed back Lake the phone.
"What is it?"
"My brother is asking me to bring home the food I bought. He's saying he'll starve if I don't hurry up. He's so annoying. I'll be back in about fifteen minutes."
"Oh well, just try and be back quickly!" Otto waved to them both and left the house. Kylin stood up and asked Lake,
"I'm going to the kitchen, do you want anything?" Lake shook her head. About a minute later, Kylin walked in with what seemed to be fruit punch. He placed it next to them.
"Hey Otto what does..." Kylin cut himself off and looked around for about two seconds. "Oh right, he's not here." He looked over to Lake and asked,
"Lake, what does quandary mean? If you know." Lake thought for a second and grabbed a piece of paper. She wrote down,

"It basically means a problem or a difficult situation." Kylin read over the paper.
"Otto always uses weird words... Also, why did you write it down? I'm sitting right next to you." Lake froze. She always hated telling people about her struggle to communicate. What if they think differently of her? What if they want to stop hanging out with her? Lake closed her eyes trying to say anything. Before Lake could muster up the courage to say anything, she heard a loud bang. She opened her eyes to see the drink Kylin had brought out had spilled all over Otto's chromebook. The chromebook shut off and Kylin started to freak out.
"This cannot be happening! I'm screwed!" Kylin quickly grabbed tissues and started to desperately scrub the chromebook. Lake started to help with trying to clean but It was too late. Lake's head started to spiral. Is she bad luck? This would have never happened if she wasn't here. In fact, a lot of bad things would never happen! Her parents would finally be happy. It would be better if she was never born. Lake's thoughts were cut off by what sounded like sobs next to her. Looking over, she saw Kylin crying. Lake managed to ask,
"A-are you okay?"
"No! Otto is never going to hang out with me ever again!"
"I'm s-sure he'll f-forgive you..."
"He won't! I broke something of his! I'm so stupid."
"B-but doesn't he a-always forgive you?''
"Yeah, but that's because it only affects me! I ruined his chromebook!" Lake didn't know what to say. He seemed like he was on the verge of a panic attack.
"I'm such a burden. Life would be better if I was never born!" Lake felt a sense of deja vu then she recognized the words she told herself. It sounded weird coming from someone else, Lake had so much she wanted to say. Then again, how could she say anything? She had the same thoughts about herself but she couldn't let him keep telling himself this. She took her pen and began to fight with her own feelings. Lake finished writing and handed it to the sobbing boy.
"No one is a burden. We all have a purpose in this world. You guys have been friends for what seems like forever. Everyone deserves to be born. I'm sure he will forgive you. Feeling sad or even depressed is something everyone has felt. But please just try to get through it." Kylin didn't say anything. Lake is worried if what she said made no sense but that feeling quickly left as he hugged her. Lake felt his body shake and she heard his sobs.

"Thank you"

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Dec 18, 2023 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Lake's Storyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें