Chapter 4: King of Shadows

I shiver as we continue sailing into the frozen wasteland where the shurikens of ice rested.
"I spy something white!" Jay says for what seems the hundredth time.
"Gee I wonder what?" I mutter sarcastically, shivering at the cold breeze.
"Could you try to be quiet for once? This ain't easy." Cole scolds Jay as he steers the boat.
The boat jerks forwards and I'm thrown to the side. I hiss in pain as I hit my bandaged arm.
"I spy something broken!" Jay attempts to joke as he helps me up.
"Jay I love you" I start before glaring at him. "But shut up."
Jay glares right back before smirking. I punch his shoulder, before sitting down again. A shiver passes through me and Jay's eyes soften. He wraps an arm around me and brings me close. A small smile crosses my lips, as my twin and I huddle for warmth. Wu stands on the bow of the ship doing what looks like different fighting poses. Kai stares at him
"If Sensei knows the way to the next Golden Weapon, then why isn't he steering the ship? We've been drifting aimlessly for miles." Kai interrupts our sibling moment with his concerns.
"Sensei's wisdom is beyond our own." Zane comments, seeming unfazed by the freezing temperatures.
The most powerful move in Spinjitzu can only be accomplished when all four elements are combined." Wu starts, his teaching voice in place. "Earth! Ice! Fire! Wind! Lightning!"
As he says each element he strikes a different pose. I raise an eyebrow as I watch Kai try to copy the moves, failing desperately I might add.
"Uh, what happens when all of them are combined?" Jay comments pulling me closer.
"The Tornado of Creation. The power to create something out of nothing." Wu says, looking into the distance as if trying to see something that wasn't there.
"Wow" I mutter looking at my sensei. "Imagine doing that Jay"
Jay and I converse over what could be created. We perk up when Wu begin to scold Kai over doing the movements incorrectly. Kai mocks Wu for a second, and then the boat crashes. Jay and I are thrown forward.
"Why me." I mutter, sitting up.
"Wasn't me." Cole defends while helping me up.
"Did I do that?" Kai comments, shocked.
"No." Wu says side eyeing him. "We are here."
Wu remains on the boat while the others and I move forward into the frozen cave.
"Looks like someone tried to get the weapons first." I comment eyeing up the frozen skeletons. "Guess the guardian got them first."
"The shurikens." Zane remarks, looking above us.
"You've got to be kidding me." I remark. "How on earth are we getting Zane up there?"
Cole bent down, gesturing to his shoulders. Kai, noticing, climbed on. Jay walks over, not before giving me a look.
"No." I comment, watching Jay as he climbs up to Kai's shoulders. "No way. I'm not doing that."
"Jewel it's fine." Kai comments offhandedly. "It's not even that high up. You scared of heights or something?"
"I'm not." I defend. "Just scared of falling. Zane what are you?- ZANE"
I scream as Zane shoves me to Cole who grabs me and throws me up to Jay who catches me.
"JAY!" I hold on for dear life to my brother. "JAY I SWEAR IF YOU DROP ME!!!!"
"JEWEL THAT'S MY HAIR! OW OW OW!" Jay yells out. "JUST CALM DOWN!"
Jay taps my leg to a familiar pattern. I focus on the tapping. It was something our parents did to help us calm down. I attempt to loosen my grip on his hair, and stand up. I close my eyes as the human tower sways with me on top.
"Breathe Breathe Breathe." I mutter under by breath as Zane climbs on top of me.
I wait with labored breath as Zane reaches for the shurikens, only for him to freeze right on top of me. I wince, hearing a growl coming above us.
"Jewel don't freak out." I hear Cole call up.
"Why would I freak out?." I start to ramble. "I'm not freaking out. Are you freaking out?! Why would I freak OUT?"
A harsh scream escapes my mouth as the tower topples over. Jay catches me as I land, my breathing erratic. Jay carries me as we run away from the dragon. Cole pushing a frozen Zane. The dragon, thankfully, couldn't follow us do to the pillars being to close together. A sigh quickly turned into a shout of pain as all of us hit a dead end. Zane's ice prison breaking at the crash.
"Ow." Zane mumbles.
"Never again." I whimper in Jay's arms. "Please never again."
Of course it happened again.

Third POV
Jewel's knuckles were white as she followed her twin to the nunchucks of lighting. A long, sturdy chain was the only thing keeping her from falling. The floating ruins were not an ideal place for a girl afraid of falling.
"We're being followed." Zane calls from behind Jewel, eyeing the skeletons behind them.
"Well that's wonderful." Jane calls back sarcastically. "This just gets better and better!"
"Jewel calm down," Jay shouts. "Now let's go!"
Jay quickly finds the nunchucks and grabs them.
"Hey, Alright!" Jay comments as he holds them up to show his teammates.
Suddenly, the lightning dragon swoops in and Jay instinctively jumps off of the ruins. Jay activates the new glider that Jewel and himself had finally perfected. The others follow in suit, including Jewel who was taking very deep breaths. Jewel felt herself tense as the winds suddenly changed around her and thunder crashed overhead.
"Hey guys?!" She yelled up ahead only for the wind to harshly pull her away from them.
"JEWEL!" the ninja yelled out, watching as she disappeared into the clouds.
Jewel cries out in fear as the lighting dragon flies up next to her. She tenses up only to relax when it guides her towards a cave. Jewel lands harshly on the ground, rolling a couple times before coming to a complete stop. She quickly shoves off the glider and pushes it to the side.
"What the-." Jane quickly shuts her mouth as the lightening dragon lands nearby, eyes curious.