Chapter 155: Sigh

Yuanli finalized the word "Wen", and from now on Jizhou and Bingzhou will be "Wen Dukedom".

Yuanli finally had his own vassal state.

In Duke Wen, Yuanli has the highest power. He can collect taxes, manage people's land, and have his own army. His position as Wen Gong can be hereditary, he can build the Yuan family temple in the fiefdom, and he can appoint hundreds of officials to establish a small court.

At the same time, he also had to fulfill his due obligations, such as paying tribute to the emperor, reporting on his duties, and recruiting troops to fight for the emperor when he needed it. *

In other aspects, there is no difference in power between Yuanli and the two kings with different surnames, King Chen and King Chu.

The fiefdoms of the kings of Chen and Chu were "kingdoms", Yangzhou was the Chen (kingdom) kingdom, and Youzhou was the Chu (kingdom) kingdom. The fiefdom in Yuanli is a "principal state".

There is actually no difference between "kingdom" and "principality". The biggest difference is the status of the ruler, which has no impact on Yuanli.

After choosing the title, Yuanli also had to choose the main capital of Duke Wen.

Should I choose Ye County in Jizhou or Jinyang in Bingzhou?

After discussion, Yuanli decided to set the seat of Wen Dukedom in Ye County, Jizhou.

First, because Bingzhou was already stable and he did not need to be in charge, but Jizhou had just been captured and he needed to win it over himself. Second, Jizhou is really much richer than Bingzhou, and Jizhou's geographical location is more advantageous than Bingzhou militarily.

Therefore, Yuanli used Ye County in Jizhou as a fiefdom and began to enfeoff his subordinates into ministers of various positions. He also moved the system of the Zhengshitang over and replaced it with the Shangshutai, which comprehensively managed government affairs and became the central government agency of the country. He also established a new agency to manage military affairs, called the Privy Council.

These two agencies, one for government affairs and the other for military affairs, were directly controlled by Yuan Li and handled all matters of the entire Wen Dukedom for Yuan Li.

Because the administrative office is in Jizhou, Yuanli needs to move to Jizhou after becoming Wen Gong. At the very least, he must completely turn Jizhou into his base camp before returning to Youzhou. After Chu Hechao found out, he simply moved with him to Ye County, Jizhou, as a change of living environment.

After arriving in Ye County, Yuanli formally wore the Wen Gong attire given by the emperor and held a grand sacrificial ceremony.

The ministers below watched Yuan Li ascend to the high position little by little, and their eyes filled with excitement. On that day, everyone happily participated in the banquet, drank and danced, and were extremely happy.

Yuanli's subordinates were all granted official positions. From then on, they became ministers of the Wen Kingdom, and all of them were promoted to high positions. This was a big turning point, and the smiles on everyone's faces didn't stop until the banquet was over.

On such an auspicious day, Yuan Li was also toasted many times by the ministers. Even though he had developed a large capacity for drinking, he couldn't help but feel a little tipsy.

After everyone left, his high mood had not yet calmed down, so he grabbed Chu Hechao and started wandering around the unfamiliar Jizhou Governor's Mansion.

This Governor's Mansion was where Wu Shanshi lived in the past. It looked unremarkable from the outside, but there was something wonderful inside. Gurgling water, small bridges, bamboo groves, rockeries and precious flowers are all exquisite and luxurious, and have the elegance and elegance of southern gardens.