~'•°.♡.°•'~

It was finally over, Kaido had been defeated and The Sunny was now back on this vast seas after a very long time break.
The land of wano was now just a other blur on the vast horizon of the new world...and when it had disappears complitly the usual "calm" of the crew was quickly reestablished

laught and drinks were all over the place for everyone... everyone except for the captain of the ship.

Monkey D. Luffy, the captain of the Straw Hat pirates, didn't know how to lie, that what people said, lying and him were long time enemy...and yet this reputation was half fake.

he know how to do a joyful smile, a happy laugh even when the only thing he want is to be alone.

The truth was that Monkey D. Luffy only know how to lie when it come to his emotions.

he learned this during his 2 years of training.

This wasnt been taught by Rayleigh, he had to learned it himself in order to concentrate fully on the training and not on the pain of lossing his brother in his arm or the fact that he taught he was now all alone in this world, without any older brothers.

and in this party, he was displaying one of his beautiful fake smiles.

But after a moment as the party keep going, the fake smile became more and more difficult to maintain, so he decided....no...he knew that he had to be alone NOW. so he walked away quickly without anyone noticing and went to hide in one of the Sunny storage rooms.

and as soon as the door closed, the smile disappeared, giving its place to tears.

His legs were shaking so much that they stop working, leaving him to fall on his ass...but he didn't care, he was elastic, it didn't hurt him

Now...the big question....why?

That was the question he was asking to himself too.

he ended up putting a hand over his mouth to reduce the sound of his sobbing, while a thousand questions flash in his head

"I'm stupid, so stupid" he think to himself "I shouldn't be sad....we...beat kaido..." but he knew very well what was happening, the problem was "we" not "I"...

Because, the awnser was that our dear straw hat was having an existential crisis about his new gear.

the awakening of his devil fruit had not been the only wake up in him

WHO was he really?

was he really luffy? a human? a simple devil fruit eater?

was he nika the sun god? Or will he become this nika?

And if he was already nika...has he always had been them? is monkey d. luffy disappeared at the first bite of the cursed fruit?

all his questions were just turning round and round in his head.
And to tell the truth, what frightened him the most was not knowing who he was in this vast world.

Was he going to have to abandon his friends now?

Do the sun gods have obligations? Dutys? Works?