The Beginning

Mereen

Davion watched as the golden statue of Mereen was being pulled from the pyramid and he smiled when he saw it fall down. He looked at an Unsullied member and they nodded at each other.

Davions room

Davion was sharpening his sword and daggers. It has been six months since Daenerys locked up her dragons and Davion saw how sad she was without her children, but he couldn't bring himself to comfort her no matter how much he wanted to. He heard a knock on the door.

"Enter." Davion said while sharpening his sword. He looked up when the door opened and he quickly rose from his chair. "Your grace." He bowed.

"Apologies for the intrusion." She said. "I've come to see how you are."

"I was about to join Thorak for some training, but all is well, your grace." Davion said.

"How is he progressing?" Daenerys asked. She loved how Davion was protective over Thorak. Even though they weren't brothers by blood, Davion still treated Thorak as his brother.

"Very well." Davion said and smiled. "He should be sparring with Grey Worm as we speak. After we removed the statue from the pyramid I told him to warm up while I sharpen my sword and he said he would find Grey Worm to spar with."

"He's lucky to have you in his life." Daenerys said and sighed. She needed to tell Davion something that she knew would upset him. "Davion?"

"Yes, your grace." He said.

"Dario Naharis is back from Yunkai." Daenerys said.

Davion sighed. "I take it everything went well in Yunkai?" He asked.

"I believe so, but I'll hear from Hizdahr zo Loraq." Daenerys said. "Davion-" The Stag Prince cut Daenerys off.

"I have to get to training, your grace." He was still disappointed in her and no matter how hard she tried she couldn't reach him.

"Of course." She said and moved aside for Davion to leave his room, but he stopped when he saw Ser Barriston at the door. "What's wrong?" Daenerys asked.

Later in the council chambers, Davion and Daenerys received the news that trouble was in Mereen.

"The Sons of the Harpy?" Daenerys asked as Ser Barriston put the horned golden mask in the table.

"Yes, your grace." Ser Barriston said. "They left it on tbe body."

"They've never killed before." Davion said. "Not after they kidnapped Thorak."

"It was only a matter of time, Davion." Ser Barriston said. "Conquerers always meet with resistance."

"I didn't conquer them." Daenerys said. "Their own people did."

One of the former slaves spoke up. "They do not see us as people, your grace."

"I know that just as well as you do, Mossador." Davion said. "We will find these people and make them understand that we will never again be in chains." Mossador nodded at Davion.

Daenerys loved that Davion could speak high valyrian fluently. She then looked at Mossador. "They will learn to see things differently, Mossador."

"Every man in your army didn't not risk their lives fighting for their freedom so cowards in masks could take it away." Davion said. "And the queen did not take up residence in this pyramid so she could watch the city below decline into chaos. We will rip this monsters out root and stem."

Whatever it was that was making Davion angry, Daenerys was worried for him. She looked at Grey Worm. "What was the name of the man you lost?"

"White Rat, your grace." Grey Worm said.