Day 8: HEAVY Hurt/Comfort

A/N: MY PHONE BROKE AND SO I'M USING A DIFFERNT PHONE THE FORMATTING WILL BR SHIT IM SORRY.))

Blueberry didn't have a good childhood.

His dad was an alcoholic and his mom was a druggie. He couldnt even seek help because he lived on a boat.

So he just suffered for 16 years until his first overdose. When he was adopted by Candle. His real mom.

He was 17 now. Getting used to having an actually caring parent was tough. He had addiction issues too.

But regardless Candle treated him like a human. Capible of love. It felt strange.

He met Goo in class. He was leader of the schools suicide awareness and prevention program.

The idea of a program dedicated to suicide prevention was silly to him. If someone doesn't want to be here why force them?

But anyways.  Him and Goo were... pretty close. Closer than most friends. He enjoyed his company a LOT.

He was in the mens room now. Skipping class. He fucking hated physical science. So he usually skipped it.

2 or... maybe 3 boys walked in. Talking and vaping some shit. He clenched his stomach. It made him think of his own vape he used to own.

One of them suddenly chuckled "Hey! This is the boys room." Blueberry groaned. "I know." The boys burst out laughing.

Blueberry texted Candle "Getting harassed in the mens room rn." The boys asked "So your male?' "Yes..." They laughed again.

He was just waiting for them to leave so he could go to class. The boys banged on the stall. It made him think of his past.

He sat there shaking until the boys had their fun and left. Leaving Blueberry disheveled. He took his phonecase off to reveal a razorblade.

He started cutting. He knife glided across his skin. He did this for a while. But when he felt ready to stand up. He fell.

He leaned against the stall. His thighs hurt like hell. Shit. He cut too deep. Was this really a bad thing though?

His life was shit afterall. Drug addictions, a lifetine of abuse, constant bullying and more mental issues than he could possibly count. 

Maybe this was for the best.

He heard the door open and a familar, chipper voice call out "Blue! You here? Someone said they heard you in here! You're not skipping are you?"

Shit.

Goo was a good kid. Always bright and chipper. He shouldn't have to see this.

"I'M FINE. GET OUT." Goddamn it! He didn't want Goo to think he hated him. He heard a gasp.

"BLUEBERRY!? IS THAT BLOOD!? ARE YOU OKAY!?"

God fucking damn it.

"Please... just leave."

He heard Goo tell someone else "Call 911 than go to the office."

Goo slid under the crack under the door. (It was a bit creepy hot easily Goo could do that. Benefit of being made of Goo I suppose.)

Goo started grabbing Toilet paper and holding it to his thigh. "Stay still! Please stay awake Blueberry! Please."

The desperation in Goo's voice broke his heart.  He started to feel sleepy. He just wanted to take a nap...

He leaned into Goo. "Sorry..." Despite his vision getting blurry. He could see tears in Goos eyes.

"No. Blue. This isn't your fault okay? Never was. You'll be okay." Dread started to fill the berries stomach.

"Do me a favor?" "Of course. What is it?" Blueberry sobbed.

"T-Tell my momma I love her a-and I'm s-sorry for wasting a-a a year of her life... A-And she meant so much to me and-"

Blueberry was just sobbing. He couldn't choke another word out. Goo stayed by his side. He felt so... comfy... "You'll get to tell her youself."

There was a pause before Blueberry hesrd Goo talk again "Could you tell me about her please?"

Blueberry was lightheaded, ohso tired and broken. But he did. "H-Her name is Candle. She's 36. Shes purple."

Blueberry talked about his mom for a while. Some people crowded the restroom at the commotion. 

Eventually. He couldn't stay awake anymore. He leaned fully against Goo and fell asleep. The sounds of sirens drawing closer. 

White, citrus smells, machinal whirring, and dizziness. Thats what he first processed upon awaking.

He slowly opened his eyes. His thighs felt numb. He sat up. He felt like he was on a cloud. And he felt nauseous. 

"Blue...?" He looked to his side. He saw a purple blur. He couldn't make any features out. But he knew who it was.

"...Muh...?" Why couldn't he speak properly? Suddenly the blob was bigger. And he felt warm. He smiled a little and tried to hug her. But his arms wouldn't move.

He heard a voice in the background. Something about painkillers being why he couldn't move.

He wanted to stay awake with his mom so badly. He wanted to hug her and apologize for everything. But he couldn't. 

He fell asleep. But he was less scared than when he fell asleep the first time.

This time when he woke up he felt pain in his thighs. But he felt much more in control.

Candle was beside him. Reading a magazine of some sort. He tried to speak.  "Mom..."

It was hoarse and weak. But it worked. She looked at him and thres the magazine onto the ground. Borderline sobbing.

"You're okay! Blue, i was so... so..."

"I-I'm so sorry mom I..." he started crying. "I'm sorry." 

Time passed, as it always did.

Goo was paid by Candle to keep an eye on Blueberry while he recovered at home. Though Goo didn't care about the money. 

One night Blueberry was feeling tired after taking his painkillers. Goo was beside him in his bed.

He suddenly hugged Goo. Leaning into him. Goo seemed flustered but not upset. "You're mom wi-" "Forget it. I just want you close to me."

Goo giggled. "Okay than Blue." He leaned against Blueberry. 

Blueberry muttered "I love you."

It took a bit. But Goo responded "I love you too."