Mother In Law

September 8,9:35 am
📍Oakshore, Beverly Hills

September 8,9:35 am📍Oakshore, Beverly Hills

KHADIJAH MALIA MYRIE | 27

"Khadijah, ah you oh my God."

"Know how long, mi nuh see yuh?" She walks towards me, embracing me in a tight hug.

"Hey, Mums." I wrap my arms around her, rubbing my hands on her back.

"Mi talk to your mother wah day and deven tell me you were here. Mi ave to talk to her again."

"You know she's forgetful sometimes." I tell her as I pull back from our hug.

Standing in one place, she looks at me from head to toe.

Why she looking at me so?

"Wah happen?"

"Yuh look so different yuh lost weight and dem thing deh. Look at how yuh batty get bigger." She points out to me, making me laugh.

"Earlan you didn't even tell mi nothing." She throws the kitchen towel at him 

"Wah mi suppose to tell yuh?" Earlan counteracts.

" I don't know that you're dating again."

I sit down at the kitchen island, and she shares breakfast for Earlan and me.

"Anyways, how has everything been?" she asks as she digs into her food.

"Its been going well, to say the least."

We spent some time catching up on each other's lives and reminiscing about the old times. As I was about to leave the kitchen, she stopped me.

"Wait Jah lemme ask yuh sumthin."

"What is it?" I ask her.

" Him sisters nuh know bout dis?" she ask referring to her two daughters.

"No, I don't think he's planning on telling them at least not yet." I tell her honestly.

"I don't disagree with him, they are to protective over him always feel they know best for him."

"Can I be honest with you? When I found out what they did to you and his relationship, I was so upset with them I coulda curse them and yuh know, mi issa Christian woman mi nuh curse." She says dramatically, causing me to laugh.

"Well it is-"

"Wah yall ah talk bout?" Earlan walks back into the kitchen, putting something in the trash.

"Nothing." We say in unison.

He looks at us suspiciously before shaking his head and walking off into the gallery again 

"As mi ah say, I was so disappointed in them mi couldn't even talk to them.  Either way, dem only dweet because dem did want Earlan get wid one of their friends." She continues