𖨆 ♡ || Chapter 1: The Girl in the House Next Door

It was another boring night.

Mr Plant was trying to sleep, but that was hard to do when it was too quiet.

There was usually a bit of noise coming from the house next door. But there wasn't. Mr Plant's family was asleep, too.

He needed something. Whether it be music or cicadas - they make noise.

Not even his bed was creaking as he tossed and turned.

He knew he wasn't deaf, because he just heard his knee crack.

Mr Plant decided to get up and find something to get him to sleep. However, just as he got up, he heard a "Why are you still awake?" from outside his window. This made him jump. He turned his head towards the window.

In the window next door, he saw the kid that lived there.

"Oh I'm sorry!! I didn't mean to startle you!! I'm Just really observant.."

Mr Plant believed that.

"I meant more along the lines of 'You're usually asleep by now' rather than 'You should go to sleep'." Mr Plant nodded at this. 

"Why aren't  you asleep?" The girl tried to put a hint of concern into her voice. Mr Plant didn't pick that up though. He didn't know how to tell the girl wh.... oh yeah. Mr Plant picked up a piece of paper and a pen and started writing. His handwriting was messy. Very  messy. "too quiet" the paper read. "Oh! ok uhh... I think I can help you with that?? Just.. give me a sec." Mr Plant waited patiently. 

Suddenly, Mr Plant heard quiet music. The girl passed the object that was playing the music through her window. It was an mp3 player.

"Here. Take this. It should help.  According to my research, it should strengthen your growth as well." Mr Plant didn't know how to thank her. He picked up the pen and paper again. He scrawled "Thank you so much" onto the paper and showed the girl.

"Oh! Don't worry. Its the least I could do," The girl said.

"Oh yeah by the way what's your name" Mr Plant wrote on the paper. 

"Agathe! What about you?" She replied.

"Mr Plant" He wrote.

"Oh cool! Well then, goodnight Mr Plant!"

"Goodnight" He wrote back.

This music was actually working. huh.

(362 words)