Prom Night

Chandler's POV:
I was walking down the rainy streets, ditching prom since I had no date. While I walked down the streets, I saw a person curled up in a corner with their head buried in their knees. As I got closer, I saw that it was Mckenzie. I slowly approached her, bent down, and tapped her on the shoulder. She lifted her head up and turned her head away from me. I sat next to her and put my umbrella over her. "Hey, what's wrong?" I asked. "What are you doing here, jerk?" she said. "Um, I decided to take a walk since prom was boring." I replied. "So why are you here?" I asked. "I did something." Mckenzie mumbled. "Like what?" I asked, confused. "I asked someone to prom." she said quietly while tears streamed down her face. "Hey, don't cry." I said sympathetically. "Who did you ask?" I questioned. "Somebody." I waited for her to continue. "Their name starts with an R." she said hoarsely. "Oh, you asked out Ron." She nodded. "I'm sorry. I know he can be a lot." I replied. "Why are you here anyways? I thought you hated me." she asked. "I don't hate you. And I um, I wanted to give you this." I held out a piece of paper. She gave me a confused look. "Take it!" I quickly said, covering my probably red cheeks. She took it from my hands and read it. It read "Do you want to be my date for prom?" and it had 2 boxes. One that said yes and one that said no. "Wait, I thought you hated me? Why are you asking me to prom?" Mckenzie said confused. "I-I just felt bad for you not having a date." I said. "But you made me this? Were you just planning on giving me this if I didn't have a date?" I smiled at her, blushing. "Ok, yes. I was planning on asking you out." I confessed. She smiled and I wiped her tears away with my thumb. "Want me to walk you home, cutie, or you too flustered?" I asked. She engulfed me in a hug and so did I. I made sure to put the umbrella over us. "I love you cutie." I told her. "Love you too, Chandie." she said back.